Hash, Inc. Forums

Hair density Option missing after reload - Cannot change hair density

Sean delgatto

I use to have under properties a way of adjusting hair density, but My computer ran into issues and had to do a fresh install of XP SP2. However when I reloaded Hash V11 with Upgrade to AM V13.0 suddenly that Density option went missing. I tried reloading it, and will try again after I get done posting this. But its a real problem, I can't find any software update links other than for VS 17 web version, which I refuse web subscription, I only want hard copies of software.

Anyway if you guys know what possibly happened so that I can undo it that would be great.

Thank you.

WOW so just for grins I created a new Material hair emitter and the option came back for that one, but not the other hair emitter. That is really really weird!

I'll leave this up incase someone has the same problem and does a search, but looks like you have to just create another MATERIAL-> HAIR SYSTEM -> Hair emmiter

• Hash Fellow

It's possible you've found some combination of steps that misbehaves. That's what most of my bug reports are these days, very specific sequences of things that produce an unexpected result.

But a bug fix for v13 is unlikely now.