Hash, Inc. Forums

I'll need some rendering help

Gerry

I'm doing a test render of my holiday animation and even at one pass, at half-size (360x180) each frame is taking around ten minutes. I'm only rendering every tenth frame and it looks like around 45 hours just for this test. And it *doesn't* have the snow falling, just some hair material and the shooting "roman candles". I need to look into this and then I'll be in touch with a couple of folks here who have render farms.

I should also test the render times on the Mac as it's always rendered faster, but I'm a little leery that the Mac may render the particle systems differently. It has in the past but that's a few versions ago.

I'm doing a test render of my holiday animation and even at one pass, at half-size (360x180) each frame is taking around ten minutes. I'm only rendering every tenth frame and it looks like around 45 hours just for this test. And it *doesn't* have the snow falling, just some hair material and the shooting "roman candles". I need to look into this and then I'll be in touch with a couple of folks here who have render farms.

I should also test the render times on the Mac as it's always rendered faster, but I'm a little leery that the Mac may render the particle systems differently. It has in the past but that's a few versions ago.

If you upload all data needed to somewhere we can get our hands at, I would help you with that rendering-job :).

10 cores at home and many more at work, so let me know ;).

See you

*Fuchur*