Hash, Inc. Forums

Help File installation

pixmite

OK folks I've upgraded to version 17 and having a bit of problem with the help file installation. When I click “Help” sends me to a download link. So I download the file and unzip it into the main AM directory as per the instructions. Now when I click “Help” I get and errored browser page saying that it cannot get to the internet??? I think I'm missing something simple here. Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Pixmite

I'm not sure exactly how that is supposed to work now.

Did you DL the "help" or the "masterchm"?

I dont think it is intended to work like that, but it works like this:

- Download masterchm.zip

- Extract its content into the hash-installation-folder

- rename "dummy.chm" to "dummy.old".

- Restart A:M.

> Anyway it will only give you access to the TAO & the TechRef and is not a real helpfile anymore.

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: I discovered a nice info about netrenderer there... Netrender.chm is a helpfile and does explain some things about Netrenderer.

I think this is broken. I got the CHM file and put it in the v17 folder but after a restart, Help gets me this screen

Thats exactly what I get. Its unfortunate, because the last reference material I have on how to use this product is a bit dated, verion 11 ;)

• Hash Fellow
I think this is broken. I got the CHM file and put it in the v17 folder but after a restart, Help gets me this screen

Thats exactly what I get. Its unfortunate, because the last reference material I have on how to use this product is a bit dated, verion 11 ;)

The "Help" would be quite the same text-wise as the TechRef. For now, download the TechRef PDF and you can search that inthe PDF viewer.

The TechRef is not fully up to date, but more recent than v11. It is missing some recent new features.

There is an effort now to update and online the whole TechRef.

When you have questions, the forum is here. :)