Hash, Inc. Forums

artificial fluid simulations

thefreshestever

lately i´m experimenting a lot with some sort of fluid simulations in after effects with the help of some plug-ins. these works also involve a:m, so i thought i would post them here. hope you´ll like them...

cWFGoeqU1eI

NllCg6wyOwc

a:m: the ufo & the squid

a:m: the helicopter, the girl and the soda can

quadronaveragefruit.jpg

lately i´m experimenting a lot with some sort of fluid simulations in after effects with the help of some plug-ins. these works also involve a:m, so i thought i would post them here. hope you´ll like them...

a:m: the ufo & the squid

a:m: the helicopter, the girl and the soda can

Very crazy... I mean... crazy good looking... :)

*Fuchur*

Otherworldish.......Music must be Utubes music.......Doesn't AM do fluids ...... all tho be it not as well as other software maybe?

the music of the first clip is the intro of o song called outubro of the brazilian 70s funk/jazz band azymuth. the second one is average fruit by quadron.

a:m does fluids, but that´s a totally different approach. like fluid simulations in other 3D software a:m fluids simulate the whole volume of a fluid, that´s why fluids in 3D are so rendertime-intensive. the particle plug-ins i use in after effects just have particles on a surface-grid (in those cases, the emitter can be a sphere or a box, too), and the flow is emulated by a fractal noise field. maybe you could achieve something similar with a:m, you could take the ocean rig and have the surface emit sprite particles or so. but those after effects plugins render fast (the clip with the green ocean rendered about 8 hours, the squid invasion clip rendered about 3 hours) and have a lot of settings, plus you can control different parameters direcly from the waveform of the soundfile, the particles cast shadows etc...

Hi Sebastian,

Really outstanding work!

How`s this plugin compared to Element3d, that`s on discount at the moment?

I suppose, if you would make these parcticles finer like real water, you will get unbearable rendertimes?

(PS:Bist Du eigentlich noch in Hamburg?

Wir wollten uns doch immer mal auf`n Bierchen treffen und haben es nie geschafft.

Heute Dientstagabend 06.11.12 ist wieder Illustratorenstammtisch im Café SternChance , Schröderstiftstraße im Schanzenpark da auf der Ecke

beim Fernsehturm.

Vielleicht hast Du ja spontan Zeit und Lust hinzukommen, so ab 20.30 Uhr

würd`mich freuen.)

;) Jost

i´ve used trapcode form and trapcode particular for those animations, they´re different to element3D. in trapcode form you actually can import obj files, but you only can rebuild this obj with particles, not use the obj as particle itself. but since element 3d is on sale, i think i need to get it, i wanted it for a long time. maybe TODAY! :) thanks for the tip!

and yes, of course, more particles increase the rendertimes.

ja, ich bin noch in hh, gehe hier auch so schnell nicht mehr weg... ;) mit heute abend kann ich noch nicht so ganz sicher zusagen, aber ich versuch´s...

i´ve used trapcode form and trapcode particular for those animations, they´re different to element3D. in trapcode form you actually can import obj files, but you only can rebuild this obj with particles, not use the obj as particle itself. but since element 3d is on sale, i think i need to get it, i wanted it for a long time. maybe TODAY! :) thanks for the tip!

and yes, of course, more particles increase the re

ndertimes.

ja, ich bin noch in hh, gehe hier auch so schnell nicht mehr weg... ;) mit heute abend kann ich noch nicht so ganz sicher zusagen, aber ich versuch´s...

Gg viel spass ihr beiden ;) coole aktion dass ihr das so kurzfristig durchzieht ;)

• 4 weeks later...