tbenefi33

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I believe this is a know problem reported to A:M Reports.

That should help get the fix in quickly.

There are several other approaches you can use to Roto your modeling sessions.

One is:

Create one or more single patches, select the patch and then Right Click and select Add Image.

Browse to the image you want to use as a Roto and make that the image that will display on the patch.

Do this for as many Rotos and you want to work with... you can even add more than one Roto to your Roto system.

For best usage I recommend dialing back the transparency on the image a little (up to 66%) and then locking the patches into place via the Lock icon so that you won't have to worry about accidentally selecting or adding splines to them.

The advantage of this method is that you can place the Rotos anywhere you need them and even see multiple Rotos at the same time from several vantage points.

Note: You may have to flip your patches in orientation in order to have them display your image the way you want them diplayed. You can do this by selecting the patch, Right Clicking and selecting Flip (and choosing a direction) or by Rotating the Image or Flipping the Normal (also available via Right Click).

Other advantages incluce the ability to rotate your Roto.... we can't do that with a standard Roto.

If there is interest please let me know and we can explore the world of customized rotoscopes further.

Added: There is too much to list regarding things you can do when building your own Roto systems. For instance, everything I described above is related to using Patch Images for Rotoscoping. You can just as easily use morphable grids and decals. Fun stuff! :)