Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Using Animation:Master to create game assets ...

wedgeeguy

Hello ...

I would like to announce a new game that I created called "Izzy the Busy Squirrel". It is a simple puzzle-strategy-memory game. All of the models and animations were created with Animation:Master and then exported with the AMXtex plug-in exporter created by Chris Roy (plus some other converters as well) ... If anyone is interested, I do have a demo version of the game you can download from my website as well as a video tutorial of how to play. Please visit ---> http://www.pencilwedgees.com and select the "GAME" link to find out more. Please note that if you are running Vista or 7 that you MAY need to also install DirectX 9.0c ... I do have some trouble shooting tips as well listed on my website.

If anyone has any questions or problems with anything, I would be happy to try and help ...

Big thanks to Animation:Master and Chris Roy for at least making one aspect of creating this a little bit easier ... :yay:

Thank you,

Bruce Monahan

logo.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really appreciate everyone who has taken a look so far ....

@Robert ... Yeah I was afraid that there were some people who were going to have to jump through a few more loops to get it to run on their systems. With DirectX 10 and 11 no longer being backwards compatible, Microsoft created a few problems for the rest of us. I'm still looking for a nice solution that doesn't impose that restriction ... Thanks Robert!

@Matt ... Thanks Matt! Sorry but it is just for Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (with some restrictions regarding DirectX 9.0). As I mentioned above, I'm still looking for a programming language that provides good 3d support but allows it to be installed on multiple devices. Perhaps Unity or Shiva3D might be possible solutions ... but to answer your question ... No, not yet.

@Rodney ... Thanks for taking a look! I guess your family isn't connoisseurs of banjo music? (then again, who is?) ... :D

I'm surprised the game engine hasn't been updated to accommodate the more recent Direct X.

Hi Robert ... I use a program called PureBasic to create the game. You can specify OGRE(OpenGL) as the rendering engine but it still has some dependencies on DirectX as well. They have been improving the 3d gaming side of things so perhaps it's just a matter of time before it catches up. It really is a great language to use and you can create programs that run on Windows,OS, and Linux all in one package. I guess things still get a bit messy when trying to get 3d to work on all of those platforms as well.

• 3 weeks later...