Hash, Inc. Forums

Problems Activating - Help

Roger

• Admin
Well I removed the master0.lic file from my AM v16 directory, but I still can't get v17 to activate. Do I need to completely uninstall v16?

No, you don't need to uninstall anything.

You are still getting the dialogue to enter the activation code showing right?

I removed the master0.lic file from my AM v16 directory

Wait a sec...

Removing your master0.lic file from v16 folder... why are you doing that??? v16 has nothing to do with a v17 installation.

(The master0.lic file can be copied to the new directory but it doesn't have to... I never do... you should be able to just activate the new installation with your code)

So, now I'm confused.

Look and see if you've got a v17 folder (in either C:\Program Files for 64bit or C:\Program Files (x86) for 32bit).

Installation should be a five minute process so this has gotten way too complicated.

Let's get you back to square one.

The error message you got 'Bad Data Return' is indicative of something interfering with the internet connection with the activation server. This has been confirmed several times by others to be due to anti-virus software intercepting the connection. IMO considering how your antivirus software might be stopping the connection would be a good place to look.

Also, make sure you aren't running A:M while installing.

For troubleshooting purposes I would close down all other programs too until A:M is installed then reload them. Usually you don't have to do this but sometime programs (like anti-virus) do a bit too good a job protecting us.

• *A:M User*

Ok, thanks for the tips. I ended up uninstalling everything and then reinstalling v17 but still couldn't activate. I'll try disabling the AV temporarily and see if that works.

• *A:M User*

V16 does not run, I get "license expired". (or at least I did when it was still on my system)

V17 attempts to activate but will not activate. I'm trying it now without my AV active.