Hash, Inc. Forums

Chop you up the video

TheSpleen

• Admin

Unfortunate lyrics but impressive animation! :)

The beat is really there and you've hit your mark time and time again throughout. Very impressive.

You are making this animation thing look easy.

And those flame effects are pretty sweet too!

Regarding the lyrics... what can I say... as a policeman I've seen too much of real violence to even entertain that part as humorous.

I'm trying to imagine what might make that work for me (and any others who might also be put off by the idea of a guy chasing a girl with sharp objects) but short of 'Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner' that's a tough one to visualize.

We are living in a very strange 'Dexter-ized' society.

Congrats Gene!

• Admin
he never catch's her

Says you. ;)

He eventually will... and if not her someone else.

Humor-wise the video begs to have some kind of reveal at the end that shows everyone who was really in charge of that game.

She could pull out a huge gun and smile at at end and she could motion with the camera to 'walk this way'.

The audience may understand 'he never catches her' but:

1) It's not explicitly stated.

2) There is always going to be the question out there about 'what's it gonna be like when he catches her' and the some in the audience will imagine that whether you give that to them or not.

As it is now you've basically left the audience to consider that question which (to me) lacks something needed to sell 'he never catches her'. In other words, something to reveal that she was never in any jeopardy to begin with.

At least there wasn't blood all over the place to indicate that he's caught someone else before. There is that. ;)

Maybe you can revisit this guy/gal in a sequel to show that she is still alive. (She might even develop an extended following besides this guy)

There is a limited range of visuals one can get when we hear the words 'chop you up' and it's not related to motorcycles.

My mind races to think that perhaps both guy and gal could have chased each other back and forth with progressively enlarging instruments of death.

If wanting to just resolve this one after the music is over (as you've ended it now) you could have the girl turn and smile and then ride off on a motorcycle. A more complex extension would be to have her riding off casually and him running exaggeratedly after her. The reason I like this as a solution is because it wouldn't effect your current music video at all.

and it is a Halloween release.

Just saw that you added this.

Hmmm... okay, you are stretching now but at least now I'm following you.

That brings to mind other options.

For one, it makes me think you could adjust the color (desaturate?) and/or put an overlay over the top of the whole thing that would give it a Halloween feel.

You could rescue the whole thing if you color correct and set the mood with an eye for Halloween.

That darker coloring contrasted with the lively beat should help sell the humor in the video.

Do you have time to do a whole video edition of this video?

Having the girl hiding in a coffin (maybe she goes in and then when he opens it she's not there) and other Halloween props all around would really plus this up. The colors and the beat as they are now lean more to the idea that it's fun to chop people up. What can I say other than I don't quite identify with that.

Making the connection with Halloween explicit to where no one can miss it... now that would be a very good idea.

All this is purely my initial thoughts that arrived upon seeing the video and your revelation that it is set for a Halloween release.

It's great animation and a lively beat so there is a lot going for it regardless.

Taking one half a month more to bring the Halloween theme into it would make it superb IMO. Adding a taste of Halloween would at least flavor it.

You wouldn't even have to rerender what you've got here. Just adjust it in post.

• Admin

All of what I've written above is not really what I wanted to say. That's just a piddly observation.

I am super impressed by how well you animated to the beats and music in this video.

I think fast beat music is your forte!

Very impressive.

All of what I've written above is not really what I wanted to say. That's just a piddly observation.

I am super impressed by how well you animated to the beats and music in this video.

I think fast beat music is your forte!

Very impressive.

Thank you! ;)

I was able to see it at home, I LIKE IT! Hope the band makes good use of the video. He is a talented guitar player... what is the story behind thet 4 string cigar box? I dig the way he plays 'Can't be satisfied' an ol Rollin Stones staple and he pays homage to Brian Jones's slide work really well. I dig this stuff!

I was able to see it at home, I LIKE IT! Hope the band makes good use of the video. He is a talented guitar player... what is the story behind thet 4 string cigar box? I dig the way he plays 'Can't be satisfied' an ol Rollin Stones staple and he pays homage to Brian Jones's slide work really well. I dig this stuff!

He told me his father made it when he was a kid.

• 4 weeks later...