Hash, Inc. Forums

Robcat's Courses - (Class is Full - Thanks!)

Ilidrake

Robcat has offered me a chance to do some learning. He has three courses to teach.

I would very much like to have others join in on this class and if your interested please post here to become involved. Once we have enough I will defer control to Robcat who will be doing the teaching.

The animation courses being offered are the following:

1 bouncing ball

2 broad jump

3 three emotions

On a side note, Rob if no one is interested I am still very interested in learning what you have to offer.

• Hash Fellow
1 bouncing ball

2 broad jump

3 three emotions

And to explain a bit further, this will be like an ultra-mini-micro basic character body mechanics class. I need a few guinea-animators to test the idea on and see how much benefit they get out of it.

I anticipate the first two lessons occupying about a week each and the third one maybe two.

• Hash Fellow
That's two!!! :)

One thing that I think needs to be clarified is how will these mini-courses be conducted?

We'll interact on the forum. I'll make a tutorial that explains the assignment and how to do it. You'll do that assignment and then we'll look at them to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

rinse and repeat.

I am interested when my project is done

When will that be, Gene?

• Hash Fellow

This is going to be somewhat more involved than my usual screencam where I just record myself talking for 30 minutes. I'm going to woodshed it some more but I don't think we'll quite get to lift-off tomorrow.

Here's a preview

BouncingBallPreviewH.mov

Stay tuned for further developments.

Rob,

When I manually scrub through the video the ball never touches the ground on the second bounce and actually rolls forward two frames before the upward motion. The ball also changes colors and loses opacity at the top of the second bounce. Otherwise I can't tell where you transitioned the real ball for the animated one. Really cool animation overall.

• Hash Fellow

Since this is still only a rough beta draft of tutorials I hope to present later we're gong to do this in private subforum for now.

Ilidrake, Spleen, Fae Alba and Roger (new student)... go over to this thread

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43718

and post a "here!" there if you can. If you can't, post something here.

Since this is still only a rough beta draft of tutorials I hope to present later we're gong to do this in private subforum for now.

Ilidrake, Spleen, Fae Alba and Roger (new student)... go over to this thread

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43718

and post a "here!" there if you can. If you can't, post something here.

i get the following:

"The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

Paul, can you see the Private Lessons> Victory through A:M Power forum at the bottom of the forums?

no I do not

Rodney is trying various things. Keep your eye peeled at the bottom of the forum.

Robcat/Rodney you're efforts paid off...I see the forum, I made roll call....yeah!

• 2 months later...
  • Hash Fellow
wow this looks really interesting! i love robs tuts! i still reference the ones you sent me.

i see this is an older post but hey ill try anyway cant pass on an opportunity to get me in some learnins. You still doing this class ??

We're still trying to get through the first one! It started out as a three hour cruise...

If we do get it finished I'll reassess what works and what doesn't and maybe try it again at later date.

• 6 months later...