Hash, Inc. Forums

The all new all different Dopesheet

Rodney

• Admin

Rather than add to the other topic that focuses on Phonemes I'll start a new topic where I hope others will feel free to explore A:M's Dopesheet.

The Dopesheet has gained a bad name over the years and that is unfortunate because it can be used to do a lot of laborious work quickly.

It can be used to block out stories, set up scenes and pose characters rapidly and without much effort.

Folks see A:M's Dopesheet as only being good for Lipsync but perhaps it can do more than that...

The__New__Dopesheet.png

I remember someone using it to control flower petals for a song by assigning letters for each note to a letter then doing a simple song were the dope sheet was the song in letters e.g e d c d e e e which then had the corresponding petal flex why the sound file played the tune

• Admin
I remember someone using it to control flower petals for a song by assigning letters for each note to a letter then doing a simple song were the dope sheet was the song in letters e.g e d c d e e e which then had the corresponding petal flex why the sound file played the tune

The Dopesheet definitely can be used to create basic movement; drum beats would be a great one.

But anything we can get into a pose will also work.

There are a few tricks in getting non dictionary phonemes/poses working in a Dopesheet however.

The key is to trick A:M into bypassing the dictionary (where it will define single phonemes for you).

One way to do this is to just quickly add numbers instead of letters in the creation of a new sentence.

Then go back and redefine those numbers as whatever you need them to be.

After that it's mostly just a matter of selecting poses from the dropdown menu.