Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problems with a tiled texture using cubes next to each other

Cloister

Hello,

I want to do a minecraft animation and I have started by creating a load of grass blocks, when I render them I get lines between the blocks and the textures just don't line up. I'll show you a before and after render and you can see what I mean - any suggestions would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Cloister

post-12205-1346029482_thumb.jpg

post-12205-1346029554_thumb.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used an a group image applied it to 10 cube models pile 5 over 5 and got this

post-254-1346043727_thumb.jpg

notice placement of the blocks had to be quite exact

So you applied one image to all the blocks, thats an interesting idea. My blocks placement is exact because I am snapping to Grid.

Thanks

MrC

• Hash Fellow
The original texture is 16 x 16 pixels, would I need to make this bigger?

A:M tried to smooth over the jaggies in bitmaps and that's probably what it is trying to do to those single pixels.

Take it into a paint program and stretch it without any interpolation blurring (Photoshop calls the "nearest pixel) to something maybe 8 ro 16 times bigger and swap that into your project. You won't need to reapply it just change the link in the Images folder.

The original texture is 16 x 16 pixels, would I need to make this bigger?

A:M tried to smooth over the jaggies in bitmaps and that's probably what it is trying to do to those single pixels.

Take it into a paint program and stretch it without any interpolation blurring (Photoshop calls the "nearest pixel) to something maybe 8 ro 16 times bigger and swap that into your project. You won't need to reapply it just change the link in the Images folder.

Thank you very much - I decided to do this based on your first answer and stretched it to 256 x 256 and it now displays fine - thing is I quite liked the blurring effect, I might try varying sizes to see what I get but at least I can now add the blocks together!

Thanks

Cloister