Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bugs I was talking about

Elm

Hi!

So here are the Bugs I was talking about. Sorry for blackening certain parts out in the screenshots for copyright reasons.

Bug A:

A model imported from V.16c: Renders well, but after changing reflectivity value on a certain group, it suddenly renders oddly (looks like accidental double extrusion, but isn't).

Bug B:

Figured out that it's an refresh/update issue - while rendering well locally, things mess up rendering via netrender (cps/splines magnitudes are messed up).

Bug C:

When trying to do Step-renders locally (due to the above mentioned netrender-issues) on multiple threads, renders randomly freeze (they render until infinity, no progress). Some after having rendered 10 frames, some after having rendered just two... no recognizable pattern.

That's it so far, maybe i forgot something, but these things drove me nuts, as we really had to proceed quickly.

greetz,

Elm.

Bug_A_Before.jpg

Bug_A_After.jpg

Bug_B_NetRender.jpg

Bug_B_LocalRender.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin
The moire pattern looks like there are 2 objects in the same space. I have seen that here when I duplicated an object in the same spot and didn't realize it until render. It could be something else though.

My first thought was internal patches... they often don't show up as artifacts until the effected surfaces are rendered. Not for the moire pattern but for the displaced effect. I've seen similar moire patterns before but can't recall what the specific issues was... at this point it's probably best for me not to even guess on that one.