Hash, Inc. Forums

A face

Hiya Ive been using the new tools and using a prop to make a face .It works very well.I have a problem nose though that I just cant seem to get around .I know there is a lot to many splines especially in the neck ares .Any advice would be very welcomecheers Steve

face_splines.jpg

HI Steve- Not to take anything away from Robert's excellent video, it seems like you have way more splines than you need. I just took a quick look at it and marked some splines I think you can safely delete. there may be other options and my choices may not suit everyone, but I'd recommend at the least to do a "save as" with your model and start deleting, just to see how light you can get the mesh while keeping the forms. the thing to keep in mind is you just need a spline where the direction, or contour, of the surface changes.

index.jpg

Ijust got around to looking at your vidio Robert,now thats a nice way to do things.I allways thought that a 5 pointer was better to use than a hook but obviusly not ,Ive been doing that for years lol

god only knows how I got that looped cp ,nice finThanks for explaining that Robert it makes a lot of sence now

Thanks a lot Gerry I am now getting rid of splines lol

• Hash Fellow
.I allways thought that a 5 pointer was better to use than a hook but obviusly not ,Ive been doing that for years lol
Those were "legal" five-pointers but hooks were made to be a better solution.

HI Steve- Not to take anything away from Robert's excellent video, it seems like you have way more splines than you need.

I agree very very much! Yes, much thinning can be done and it will make rigging easier later on.

Usually you can do an eye opening with just 8 CPs. That's my typical budget for eye openings.