Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need some testing help for revised stock charcters

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I've tentatively revised some stock A:M characters that are used in early tuts for these reasons

Many of the stock A:M character models have spines that are not properly centered on X=0

This causes Paste Mirror to fail in many cases.

This zip contains corrected versions of Thom, Rabbit, Knight, Shaggy and 2001_Skeleton that I recommend replace the ones in the current installation of A:M

They also have "Balance" and "Balance Rigid" set to default to zero. Those features create confusing results for new users when they are not set to zero.

The Shaggy model has a fixed "Mad Eyes" pose slider that no longer conflicts with the "Close Eyes" pose when it is used.

If you have some time could you download and install the "updated.zip" data set (found at AMReport 6203)and give those characters a test on basic things like posing the bones, using the sliders, doing a Paste-Mirror, and see if they perform as expected?

Also see if they are showing up in the Library as expected. I know next to nothing about the workings of the Library.

If they are good to go they'll replace the flawed ones that are in the basic A:M installer now.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I don't mind having a play with them this week.

When do you need answers by?

When you can. I think they are going into the next release already, but the sooner we know something is wrong with them, the sooner it can be fixed in a further release.

thanks!

Good news, the replacement models are all capable of completing the exercises as given them in TAoAM.

But note;

Thom still has Balance and Balance Ridged turned on by default and Shaggy has some geometry bones that should be hidden showing in his left hand as well as the eyelid bones.

I also copied the new models into my data set and they show up just fine in the Library and load.

• Hash Fellow
Good news, the replacement models are all capable of completing the exercises as given them in TAoAM.

But note;

Thom still has Balance and Balance Ridged turned on by default and Shaggy has some geometry bones that should be hidden showing in his left hand as well as the eyelid bones.

I also copied the new models into my data set and they show up just fine in the Library and load.

thanks, i will investigate those problems.