Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

WATCH THIS! An animated history of Lego

johnl3d

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

One of the things that I particularly liked about this short was it's innovative use of humor.

The example of this in the short is when the guy is trying to come up with a name for his company and he gets a little help. ;)

Obviously that's not in any way related to the real history but it works and it works very well.

Little deviations like that transformed what surely would have been dry history into entertainment.

I suppose there could be a danger in that approach because as a viewer we might begin to look for things that aren't there.

An example of this would be the two fires that occurred at pivot moments in the father and then the sons careers... am I the only one that got a feeling that in the 'real world' those fires might have been deliberately set?

(Yes, I was surely conditioned by the earlier humor to look for things that weren't there! That and I suppose my law enforcement experience that has taught me to question everything.)

Also, weren't there like.. four sons at the beginning but three seemed to disappear as focus shifted to only one at the end.

What happened to the others... did I blink and miss that?

My viewing experience could have been better because playback wasn't smooth.

That's not their fault though but rather the bad internet connectivity on my end.

I really enjoyed this! Fun little way to tell their story. Thanks for sharing.

And yeah Rodney, I was wondering that too about the other 3 brothers. They were never mentioned after the one son started helping out his father. You did not blink and miss it, heh. I was constantly waiting for them to pop back up and hear what they had done.

Simply awsome and amazing.

That one is the first animated movie I enjoyed for quite a long time. The animation could have been better here and there, but I didn't really care because it is so interesting to watch. And it's got wonderful details and storytelling.