Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Snap_to_Surface

mtpeak2

Hats off to Steffen and Gerald (and to all that helped) for this feature! :yay:

I'm not much of a modeler and I'm not a big fan of using props, but this is fantastic. This is the first time trying this and this is what I have after a couple of hours. The spline layout may not be the best, but it's a start. Still needs work, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

snap_to_surface.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hats off to Steffen and Gerald (and to all that helped) for this feature! :yay:

I'm not much of a modeler and I'm not a big fan of using props, but this is fantastic. This is the first time trying this and this is what I have after a couple of hours. The spline layout may not be the best, but it's a start. Still needs work, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

I'd say the spline-layout looks quite good to me. :)

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Looking good Mark!

I foresee that in time you'll be cutting that 'few hours' down to a matter of minutes.

I confess that I need to explore 'Snap to Surface' in the Chor.

Up to this point I've mainly been using proxy shapes to guide the snapping to surface in the Modeling Window. Take a bunch of premade shapes and move them around to form a shape/character... lock them into position with the Lock tool... then spline all over the top of those while scrolling around in a 3D environment. Fast and fun!

Your spline layout looks optimal. :)

Looking good Mark!

I foresee that in time you'll be cutting that 'few hours' down to a matter of minutes.

I confess that I need to explore 'Snap to Surface' in the Chor.

Up to this point I've mainly been using proxy shapes to guide the snapping to surface in the Modeling Window. Take a bunch of premade shapes and move them around to form a shape/character... lock them into position with the Lock tool... then spline all over the top of those while scrolling around in a 3D environment. Fast and fun!

Your spline layout looks optimal. :)

Rodney is right ;) In a few more tries you will be read to go with this in just a couple of minutes :).

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Something I'd like to know for my own curiousity is whether or not you've got the nostrils closed off on her nose.

The reason I ask is that there is that 'glow' that is appearing there what doesn't appear to be a byproduct of light so much as thickness of nose/skin/cartilage. The brightness under the nose seems to indicate that the nostrils aren't closed off and therefore the SSS isn't picking up the thickness of the whole volume of the head.

(Sorry, I am not wording this correctly)

• *A:M User*

Mark is correct when it comes how close the geometery is to each other. After testing and testing I have found places such as noses, lips, ears, fingers, etc can be troublesome for sss. But Mark great job the look is wonderful.

Steve