Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Weird thing happened on the way to 17.0

I don't know if I'm the only one to experience this but, I got a new Macbook Pro. After following the instructions to get the information off the computer so I could get a new .lic file for my new computer I sent it to support. When I got the subsequent file back (BTW: hope things went well at Comic Con) I downloaded it through G-Mail and dropped it into my AM folder. Having done this before I new it should have worked. So here is what I found out - Safari apparently analyzed the file and added a .txt extension to the file. Once I removed that and made it a .lic again everything worked.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Safari apparently analyzed the file and added a .txt extension to the file. Once I removed that and made it a .lic again everything worked.

Occasionally that will happen with a Windows browser too. Usually the save dialog tells you what file type it intends to save a file as and that is an opportunity to correct it from ".txt" to "all file types" which will save whatever the original file name had.