Peel the Paint in contest

TheSpleen

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Voted!

I'm not sure what factors the judges consider so just to hedge the bet I recommend letting the video play all the way through.

Who knows, if the voting is close the judges might check to see how many have watched the video all the way through.

Have it play in the background while you work. ;)

Go Gene!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Well, it may not be much of a consolation but at least the judges let the fans decide who won this time.

It appears they were split evenly at the 37 percentile range (37%+37% equally the judges 75% voting weight).

Less than one percentage point is worth bragging about.

I see that (according to the judges) you exactly matched the competition on Visual Design but got squeezed out in Direction and Originality.

It might be worth looking at the other video to see what ight have classify as 'slightly better' in those categories.

If not this vote perhaps the results from a previous competition with wider gaps in those areas.

The fan mass seems to have won the day this time around and I'll guess the competition had a motivated fan base.

The stretch from 5 to 20 percent is quite a few more fans clicking on that voting link.

All in all a good showing to result in the 42 to 57 finale.

The fan mass seems to have won the day this time around and it looks like the competition had a motivated fan base.

The stretch from 5 to 20 percent represents quite a few fans clicking on that voting link.

If the judges are split that 15 percentage point spread is gonna be tough to beat.

I know you are busy but perhaps you/we can help to get the word out on your next contest and keep putting information out there that reminds folks to vote frequently. Some behind the scenes info to catch people's attention? A (volunteer) publicist or two to get the word out there? Something as simple as still frames taken from the video posted every day and increasing in frequency as final voting looms large might carry the day. If you are going to be in a contest you might as well be in it to win it! Don't be shy about plugging your work here!

Regardless, you are doing great things Gene. Keep it up.

Congrats on taking this one all the way to the semi-finals!

P.S. I do blame your publicists for losing this one. This gem of a video didn't have enough visability.

I don't think you should fire anybody but you should have a very serious talk with them. ;)