Hash, Inc. Forums

WoooHooo. Finally getting it

I think I finally worked out the secret to modelling in A:M. There is no way to model in A:M. Or to be more precise there is no ONE way to model in A:M.

When I grasped that it finally hit me. I can do the characters I want to do.

There are still some issues with this model but its becoming clearer now.

(Is this post less whiney for you? eh eh . JOKING)

BeastyAlien1.jpg

AlienWired.jpg

Cheers

Mike R

Congrats.

Seriously, you reminded me of the two times I realized that when I began working with AM. Once was about modelling- the other time was about rigging. I realized a lot of the rigging "solutions" out there were actually more like hobbyists who couldn't put down their stamp collection long enough to go actually mail something using a stamp. ;)

You're on your way- keep learning how to meld what YOU do with what OTHERS have done with what YOU THINK is the best way to solve YOUR UNIQUE problem. :unsure: Or something like that!

Wow! This has real potential, Mike. It looks like you're running with a style. Keep at the modeling; that's just a skill that comes with time. It's that creative style that a person can't really learn or teach (at least, without a hell of a lot of trying).

Keep us posted! :)

ANy ideas how I can smooth out the legs and arms so they are more rounded?

Cheers

Mike R

I can't see the mesh in that picture, so this advice might not work: but have you tried running a few extra splines the length of the arm and then 'hook' them into the shoulder area? It may give you the extra CP's you need to round out the shape.

(I'm not sure how well hooks hold up during animation though, esp. in joint areas where there's a lot of mesh deformation during posing. Experiment, see what happens.)

Patience, gentlemen. I often have to put my AM work aside for a few days as other less important things (life, sleep, work) rudely intrude. I just got back to my Sandra model after a week of ignoring her (she forgives me, I think) so I suspect Mike will be back soon with more of his character-in-progress.

B-

• Admin

Thanks for that motivational speech! Even those of us fully committed to the cause may stumble along the way... together... as a team... We Will Prevail!

I think Nancy lives close to Mike... perhaps she can recon the AO and return will the intel we need.

Wasbabi Woman Wonder... come in...

(Need sleep... gotta go to work... drat, no choice... work it is) <_>

Thanks for that motivational speech! Even those of us fully committed to the cause may stumble along the way... together... as a team... We Will Prevail!

I think Nancy lives close to Mike... perhaps she can recon the AO and return will the intel we need.

Wasbabi Woman Wonder... come in...

(Need sleep... gotta go to work... drat, no choice... work it is) <_>

I think Nancy lives close to Mike...

no not me, the only reason I dedicated my animation (Bop the Bozo) to him was that he was coincidently thinking about buying AM and being super active in the forum when I was working on it ... thought he might need some coaxing...however I do live near the wonderkid Zach! - I feel so so old ...

• Admin

Ah... Zach! Not that Zach but that Zach!

I must have been really tired when I wrote that as the last time I remember England (&Britain) and California weren't nearly as close as I might have imagined them to be!

Wonderful kid? Didn't he call his Mom a vampire... and us old.... :lol:

• Admin
Well, He left.

Told me that he returned it to hash.

If there is a lesson to be learned I guess it might be... Animation Master users are born... not enlisted.

A moment but a memory

by Rodney

Do not think to finish this work

for the man's hands won't work with you

Rather,

Let it remain as appearing here

in unfinished form

an eternal work in progress.

Er time and fate allow

return unto this place

in solemn remembrance

what might have been