Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Constraints not staying Constrained

Wildsided

Got an annoying problem folks.

Last night I constrained 4 objects to 4 paths. Adjusted everything until I was happy with it, saved and went to bed. Got up this morning and loaded the project to discover that the objects weren't moving when I scrubbed through the timeline. A quick investigation revealed that while the path constraints were all present in the PWS they had somehow lost their targets. Re-selecting the targets did nothing and to make them behave again I had to make a whole new constraint. I saved again and re-loaded, same thing all the constraints had lost their targets, all the ease keyframes etc are still there just the target is gone and setting the target doesn't work.

Any thoughts

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Something is seriously broken.

If I load it in v15, one path constraint is working, but if I load it in v17 it doesn't work. That tells me the constraint is getting saved but not reloaded.

In v15 I re constrained all of them to a path, and they all survived reloading in v15 but not when i take it to v17.

I will submit this as a bug report to AMreports

Robcat,

This may be a similar issue to the one with my Copper Bolt loosing it's constraints in a V17 Beta 2 project, but not V16.0b. I'll see if I can duplicate it in a slimmed down V17 Beta 2 project as the one I am working on is quite large at this point.

EDIT: Removing the Copper Bolt from the project, saving, closing, opening and then re-adding it seemed to cure the issue.

• Hash Fellow

Steffen has added a note to the AMReport.

Apparently the extra period in the file name is a problem. Rename the file to only have the period before the prj extension.

And don't save anymore files with internal periods in the name.