Hash, Inc. Forums

White outline on image

cribbidaj

I am rendering a scene with 2 models and a targa imported as a layer in a choreography. The tga image appears with a "white" outline when rendered. I have edited the image in photoshop, making sure all of the edges of the image are black, and included an alpha channel and played with the layer's options settings - "flat shaded", "occlusion", etc. - but the white outline continues to render. The image I've attached is a render using the"white render" settings I just found in another post in these forums (very beautiful, soft rendering style! - thanks, Jason!), but this "white outline/edge" I'm describing appears on the targa no matter what rendering options I choose. How do I get the image layer to render without this outline?

Thanks.

horse0.tga

• Hash Fellow

I think it's a case of the alpha channel not being tight enough.

I took it into PS and saw there were still areas where the alpha channel wasn't quite making it to the black edge of the drawing.

AlphaView.JPG

For a quick fix I...

Under "Selection" I did "Load Selection" of the the alpha channel with "invert" checked",

did "Grow" several times,

Filled the selected area of the Alpha channel with black

resaved

Black_Dog_revisedAlpha.zip

Some parts like the tassels still have a white edge, they would need to be tightened by hand some more. Also drawing a black border all around the perimeter of the figure would ensure the alpha channel is catching no white pixels.

Thank you! I guess I have some preference messed up in photoshop where a pasted object is placed several pixels askew from the copy. Really appreciate the help & the edited file!

I think it's a case of the alpha channel not being tight enough.

I took it into PS and saw there were still areas where the alpha channel wasn't quite making it to the black edge of the drawing.

AlphaView.JPG

For a quick fix I...

Under "Selection" I did "Load Selection" of the the alpha channel with "invert" checked",

did "Grow" several times,

Filled the selected area of the Alpha channel with black

resaved

Black_Dog_revisedAlpha.zip

Some parts like the tassels still have a white edge, they would need to be tightened by hand some more. Also drawing a black border all around the perimeter of the figure would ensure the alpha channel is catching no white pixels.