Hash, Inc. Forums

New animation project started

Xtaz,

Beautiful!! The colours and textures pulled me right in! Had to stair at it for a few minutes.

Looking forward to more.

One question. The stair steps on the corner house just behind the front of the coupe look a little out of scale if they are supposed to be steps. Just curious

I'm assuming your characters will be top notch as well.
Thx for your comment adam, but the characters were already .. the cars ( X-2-two-GO & Saint X Coupee ) .... they are my characters :)

I love your trees as well.

Thx Michel, i love them too, they are part of the package that comes with Skycast (John Henderson), in fact, the illumination of the scene was made with two SKYCASTS models interpolated .

It`s going to be a great short!
Dalemation !! THX !!! i hope so ..... slowly I am going building it .

nice touch...lol

John !!! as you said its just a touch ;) thx friend

little out of scale

Ganthofer, you are right .... i will fix it .... thx for your comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more week is beginning, little by little I am going working in the short...

Good luck to all

Cheers

Xtaz

Hi Hashers .....

I did a first test using my X-Two-2-GO and ARCTIC PIGS V11 .... i have on word to describe ....

FABULOUS !!! :o:o

thx guys .. for me, IT is one of the most useful plugins in AM ........ 149k!!!!!! i cant believe it ....

You can download the model viewer HERE

cheers

Xtaz

two.chor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hashers, Spliners, Patchers :

Little by little the project is going developing....

Until the last update, the city was just with the houses that would appear in the "still".

On this weekend, I sweated hard to get built more houses, now, I can begin to think in the camera movement.

You can find firts test camera here ( 5 sec SORENSON 987 kb ):

http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/xtaz/testset.mov

IMPORTANT : COPY AND PASTE LINK IN YOUR BROWSE

i tried attach it in the message but i received an error :( (??)

look it and comment it ....

cheers

Xtaz

The set looks great but I do see a couple of problems. One is the set of wires on the left look unattached in the middle and two of the houses seem to be off the ground a bit. It's the second house on the left corner down the street and the first house with the steps on the right corner. You can see a dark shadow under them.

Keep up the good work.

Thx mark ... you are right .... i ll fix them

I also noticed the pedestrian's strip ( is this name correct ? ) is badly decaled

Xtaz

It is a wonderfully rich scene. I love it! I like all of the detail (and you can never have too much). While you are moving stuff, the chimney on that same house is also hovering. The scene is way cool though.

Keep up the great work,

Randy

Randy ... youre right too :) as usual :)

I will wait more comments, to fix, this and others problems , as Mark said, it is very good to have several people helping

thank you for the praises

Mark ... the traffic light is already done... it will be essential for the development of the action, thx again for your comments .. they help me a lot ...

cheers

Xtaz

This is beautiful!

And I am not saying this just because you were one of the first people to submit an image for the ARM header either! (it is one of my favorites though).

I just can not believe all the detail in the streets! Holy Cow! That would have made me go batty.

Can't wait to see more.

I would love to see those cars smoke their tires at a red light. I can see it in my head, along with lots of other things I won't mention...

...how did that get in here?

Vernon "batty already" Zehr

Vern ... you are the ONE ... MASTER... thank you very, very much

Your words are quite encouraging ...

wait the animation.. then you will see the power .... :P

Zack... Mark is right again .. I must to say crosswalk :) ... the white lines in the street

thx friends

Xtaz

Xtaz, what can I say that others haven't? That's really nice, and a lot of fun to see it all come together. For the next boost of "jump around the house with exhuberation" render it in DV, dump it to a DV mini-camcorder, and go watch it on your TV! Somehow that just makes it so much more "real" than watching for the 4,000th time on your computer!

If I had a 5-hour trip away from the computer planned, I might rerender with:

1) Slower camera dolly

2) Smaller leaves on those trees on the streets

3) Less of an ashen look (unless the story line is life returning to normal after the neighborhood volcano erupted a day or two ago!)

Keep up the great work! And thanks for sharing: Doing so keeps the inspiration going!

Jim

Xtaz, you are an inspiration. It is a great environment you have created. There is a lot going on. beautiful!

One small thing that was nagging in the back of my head (couldn't figure out what was giving me a strange feeling till watching many, many times), all the walking Thom's seem to be instep with each other. Kind of an eire sci-fi "under alien control" subconscious feeling. I may be wrong and I know this is a test, just wanted to suggest (if you hadn't already considered) staggering the walk cycles.

I absolutely love the STYLE!!

Jim ..

1) Slower camera dolly
it will be !!! :))

2) Smaller leaves on those trees on the streets

the exaggerating atmosphere is deliberate, or else, I would have to unbend a little the buildings !! ;)

Less of an ashen look
I intend the scene to be similar to a dream, or a memory, something like that.

I will use a bloom filter in the scene ...... maybe <_>

thx JIM ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely love the STYLE!!

GANTHOFER !!!!! Thx friend ....... i created just one action to THOM :lol::lol:

and all actions started in frame 0 .....

Kind of an eire sci-fi "under alien control" subconscious feeling.

:unsure: Were they ?????? :unsure:

:unsure: or.... WAS I ??? :unsure::ph34r:

im projecting to use at least 10 actions ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THX friends ...

Cheers

Xtaz

hashers :

I believe to have finished the process of drawing scenery.... he was gigantic with more than 350 objects...I needed do it giant, because I will need a long scene among the city...

I thought my processor won't get to play CHO.. but the A:M is being shown excellent... I am taking A:M to the limit ....

some detail here and anothers there then I will pass for the animation ....

Xtaz

cima.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ganthofer an mark .... thanks for your comments ...

.. they give me power to continue in this arduous task, which I intended :lol::lol:

Mark i didnt have succes whit toon render ... but I will continue trying

now .. im trying some FX , I would like to thank a lot to Willian Sutton for sprites help ...

i had to use a poor ilumination to render this test ( only 3 passes ), the full light (25 passes ) was being rendered in 7 min/frame .. it would take 110 hours to render

all and any comment will be contemplated....

IMPORTANT:To link works copy and paste it in your browser ..

http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/xtaz/arrancada.mov ( 17 sec SORENSON 5.5 Mb )

cheers

Xtaz