Anyone see Rodney the artist

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Not sure about what happened but I'll go with Robert's guess... musta been a blip.

Perhaps it was related to the recent server change/upgrade?

I see the Film members group no longer had access so that has been updated.

For what it's worth: I believe the real problem here is that the Film group technically should not have access but rather members of the Film Group that are also Fellows should be members of both Film and Fellows. I suppose in theory they would be primarily 'Film' (that way that title would show up in their profile and secondarily 'Fellows' which would ensure they have proper access.

At any rate, everyone in the Film Group at this point is also a Fellow so you should once again be able to see the Fellows forum.

Now as far as that banner thing...

A while back I was doodling and drew a few drawings of everyone's favorite Tinkering Gnome and recently I went back and digitally ink it. The plan being to eventually build that gnome in 3D and animate the fellow. Yesterday I was messing around and felt like updating something so I changed John's banner. The quality of the banner is too low but perhaps it'll work until we can get something proper there. Here's a larger view of the banner: (no, i do not know why john is wearing a dress)

TinkeringGnomesWorkshop.jpg

The plan being to eventually build that gnome in 3D and animate the fellow.... no, i do not know why john is wearing a dress

Oh yes! The world is longing for another animation with John in it. A dress is way better than a vintage cow suit circa 2006.

http://amfilms.hash.com/video/101/Im-a-Cow

Great banner Rodney! I really like your artwork, characters.

• Admin

Thanks Nancy!

Behind the Scenes Note: The spline contraption the gnome is pulling across the banner is inspired by Largento's comic book tutorials where he showed each Control Point somewhat like a six-sided cubic lego with six access points. You can see where I extended the original drawing by where the CPs transition from having that detail versus where they are simply of a red color. I recall that cubic lego as being somewhat controversial in nature but it stuck with me long enough to make this cameo.

One of the reasons I've wanted to model the tinkering gnome in 3D is because I've long wanted to model his (mysterious) workshop. ;)