Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Good clear plastic material?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Does anyone have a good clear plastic material, or ideas for the settings for one? I've tried all the ones that come with AM, I thought Perspex would work but it is a bit smoky. The only thing that comes close is "fake glass". I'm trying to make one of those domed lids like you see on a slurpee. I've got the shape down, now it is a matter of getting the material setting.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is just a matter of finding a combo of transparency, color, spec size, intensity, reflectivity based on YOUR models size, shape, lighting conditions. I don't have a slurppy cup, so I'm not sure how that particular plastic looks.

I took the Smokey Glass material, changed diffuse color to white (from black), changed ambiance intensity to 0, upped transparency.

Be sure to check out your changes while viewing it in the chor, rather than in the model window. Things will look different based on surroundings and lighting.

EDIT: just noticed you started with fake glass - I didn't check that to see what it was doing.

clearplastic.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow
Well, here are the results so far of my drink cup. I'm trying to make a simple character with eyes and a mouth (still need to add those).

Does that cover have an inside and an outside or is just an outside?

Well, here are the results so far of my drink cup. I'm trying to make a simple character with eyes and a mouth (still need to add those).

Does that cover have an inside and an outside or is just an outside?

I thought I made it with both, but I think it just has one spline that I revolved to make it.

Here is the 2nd version. I think I need to decrease the thickness of the lid. I'm having a hard time getting it to have that nice domed look I had with the other lid, though.

slurpee0.jpg