Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darkwing

One Last Casting Call

Hey everyone, I've just been spreading the word around the web and thought I'd go here too. We need a couple more voices (and faces) for smaller roles in Red Squad, one due to a drop out and the others due to not being cast in the first place. Anyways, full details are here: http://www.stredsquad.com/?p=162

This is from the link as well should you feel you don't want to go there:

One of the major elements that we’re proud to tout about here with Red Squad, is its diversity and quality of its voice actors. Voice acting can make or break a production and we’re pleased to think that our voice actors definitely make this production! With that said, Red Squad still requires a few more people to join the team to voice characters, so here’s your opportunity!

We’re pretty much looking for a couple of people to fill some minor roles and one secondary role. Part of this is due to a drop-out, but no matter, this sort of thing happens and we just have to make the best of it! The roles that need filling are as follows:

A middle aged male (preferably with a sort of Keith David like voice, but we’re open to alternatives of course) who will be playing an admiral of Starfleet. We’re looking for an authoritative sound, somebody who can command people yet be respected at the same time and make the hard decisions when need be. This is what we’re considering the secondary role as this character does have multiple lines throughout the entire episode.

Next we’re looking for someone to play a science officer. This person is also male but preferably with a european accent (more english than anything). We’re looking for someone roughly in their mid to late twenties to fulfill this role and definitely no older than very early thirties. This is a relatively minor role with only a handful of lines.

The next two roles are very minor and are open to interpretation. Firstly we need someone to play a Starfleet tactical officer. This person should be no younger than late twenties but no older than late thirties. Can be male or female, will depend on the best audition. This is a minor role with only a handful of lines.

The same goes for the final role of an ensign, except this person should be early twenties and the gender again can be male or female. This role is pretty small so there are very few lines.

Now there’s one other thing. We need high quality images of each actors face as we model the head based on the actual actor and use their images for the texture maps. There are specific requirements for these, but right now it’s only important that we know if you have a decently high res camera (no lower than 8MP I would say) and are willing to send us images of your face when we call for it so that you can be modeled to be part of Red Squad!

If you’re interested in auditioning for a role, please just e-mail us at stredsquad@gmail.com and include a short audio clip of you talking in your proposed voice for the character! This has been an exciting opportunity for most, if not all of our voice actors as seeing themselves have a digital version created is always pretty cool and it’s a fun project if I do say so myself! Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone who does show some interest and we await your auditions!

You've heard my voice on my tuts. If that would fit any of your needs I could do some lines.

You've heard my voice on my tuts. If that would fit any of your needs I could do some lines.

Heavy german accent here, but if that doesn't really make a difference...

*Fuchur*

Thanks for responding so quickly! Chris K is gonna review the you guys' voices when he gets home tonight. And Fuchur, German was what Chris K was originally looking for and as long as you don't think you'll be tripping over words or anything. We had a guy from Portugal once do some VOs with us but the problem wasn't his accent, but he had to spend more time making sure he got the words right that by the end, it just sounded like someone reading from a page. So accent isn't a huge deal for us, so long as you think you can get through the words easy enough. There aren't all that many lines anyways and they're fairly simple and straightforward if memory serves

If you run into any further need for a V. give me a PM.....

We definitely do! If memory serves we need 4 roles in total

Let me know how it all works...I have a decent audio recording setup sense I do play a little music and record ......of course I may not have the voice your looking for....

Mike

Heard back from Chris K and he says that both Robert and Gerald are cast! I'll send you scripts shortly and fill you in on all you need to know!

And Mike, if you have even a short audio clip of you talking, just anything, that would be great. Just send it to stredsquad(at)gmail(dot)com. At this point we're pretty much taking whoever says they're interested and we still have two roles to fill, it's just a matter of seeing which you'll fit best!

Heard back from Chris K and he says that both Robert and Gerald are cast! I'll send you scripts shortly and fill you in on all you need to know!

And Mike, if you have even a short audio clip of you talking, just anything, that would be great. Just send it to stredsquad(at)gmail(dot)com. At this point we're pretty much taking whoever says they're interested and we still have two roles to fill, it's just a matter of seeing which you'll fit best!

Okay, I'll be happy to help.

Waiting for the script.

See you

*Fuchur*

I'll get a recording to you sometime tonight........worked last night time for sleep.......

Mike