Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Copy/Flip/Attach

rekh

Howdy,

I'm back asking newb questions ... doing the giraffe excercise. Can't seem to get the two halves of the giraffe to touch after I use the copy/flip/attach option. It's two in the morning; that could be it.

Anyway. Could my problem be that some of the center control points on the model are not totally aligned to the y axis? If so, is there a feature that will allow me to align or snap the the control points to the y axis?

As I write this, I'm manually moving the control points to line up on the y axis...

Using V17

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could my problem be that some of the center control points on the model are not totally aligned to the y axis?

That would be my guess.

If so, is there a feature that will allow me to align or snap the the control points to the y axis?

I would just select all of the points that are supposed to be at "0" on the 'X' axis, scale their 'X' to "0" and then drag the group to "0" on the 'X' axis.

Hope that helps.

Could my problem be that some of the center control points on the model are not totally aligned to the y axis?

That would be my guess.

If so, is there a feature that will allow me to align or snap the the control points to the y axis?

I would just select all of the points that are supposed to be at "0" on the 'X' axis, scale their 'X' to "0" and then drag the group to "0" on the 'X' axis.

Hope that helps.

...you dont have to drag / move the cps to the axis...

1.) Select the part of the model you want to C/F/A. After that, select one of the open-end-splines (which needs to be connected with the other newly created side of the model) WHILE pressing Shift.

That tells A:M, where you want to mirror it.

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks Fuchur.

After I add the ears and horns; using the steps as layed out in TAOAM, I'm gonna build a few more of the models I found on that 3Dmodelsheet web site. Bunch of them.

Starting with the following...

post-9708-1341488975_thumb.jpg

*Update

Okay, so I was able to get a complete model by manually moving the controls points to the y axis. That sucks and it takes too long. But... it worked without destroying most of the model. I was able to go back and reconnect splines and - bang - one model.

I tried the traditional way, that is the way as described in the manual and by Fuchur. Can't get it to work. I'm sure its because I'm not doing something right. I get a copy, but it's always a small visible space between the model.

The above results are from the latest V17 Beta.

I tried everything suggested in the latest V16 of AM and it worked with minimal spline corrections needed. Going back to 16 for now.

post-9708-1341502640_thumb.jpg