Hash, Inc. Forums

Quad Rigging ?

Kamikaze

Hello all

Looking for a step by step quad rigging tut. I wanna build my own ....I dont want it to complex and sense Im a simple fellow with a simple mind I might be able to make a simple quad rig for my Deer model with some help ....well that is one that has control bones .... it's rigged with geo. bones......I think I use to use TSM2 but want something simpler........

Personally I like making actions using pose sliders.....on the setup I have now I do have the neck the way I like it and with pose sliders to control movement and I like the way it works.......

Thanks,

Mike

Deer_Geo_Bones0.jpg

Deer_Whitetail_14c.mdl

Hello all

Looking for a step by step quad rigging tut. I wanna build my own ....I dont want it to complex and sense Im a simple fellow with a simple mind I might be able to make a simple quad rig for my Deer model with some help ....well that is one that has control bones .... it's rigged with geo. bones......I think I use to use TSM2 but want something simpler........

Personally I like making actions using pose sliders.....on the setup I have now I do have the neck the way I like it and with pose sliders to control movement and I like the way it works.......

Thanks,

Mike

Geometry bones would be a relatively simple rig, you appear to know what you want and you like what you've got...it doesn't sound like you need any help with this one, Mike.

• Hash Fellow

Most quad rigs put the main body control at the back hips and I'd really prefer to see it at the front so you could animate the front half walking and doing whatever and then animate the back half to follow it around.

I'm not up on rig theory for quadrupeds. My default suggestion is to use TSM2 since it's there already and learn operate it.

Thanks for the replies Men ........ very much appreciated ...Serg2 ...thanks I'll take a look at it tonight at work ...... and study it ...... I should be able to grasp it .... things are starting to come back to me ... i

Mike