Hash, Inc. Forums

INFO on Retopology snap to surface tool

detbear

Hey everyone. I'm considering trying to transfer a very dense figure model into A:M. I was hoping that the re-topo tool would help out, but I was not able to find much on what others had been able to get out of it.

Has anyone been successful in "retopo'ing" a high dense mesh, human figure in A:M??

William

Hey everyone. I'm considering trying to transfer a very dense figure model into A:M. I was hoping that the re-topo tool would help out, but I was not able to find much on what others had been able to get out of it.

Has anyone been successful in "retopo'ing" a high dense mesh, human figure in A:M??

William

Yes, you can do that quite easily. I tried it with poly-models up to 200.000 polygones (if I am not wrong).

See my website for a video-tutorial on it.

See you

*Fuchur*

Hey Fuchur,

Thanks.

I'll check it out.

**I found previously that the splines tend to attach to the back/ reverse side of the model. This was very frustrating.

***Also....the imported model has no clear spline patterns, so there are no real splines to follow. I'll have to make the choice. Very difficult.

William

Hey Fuchur,

Thanks.

I'll check it out.

**I found previously that the splines tend to attach to the back/ reverse side of the model. This was very frustrating.

***Also....the imported model has no clear spline patterns, so there are no real splines to follow. I'll have to make the choice. Very difficult.

William

That is what retopology is all about. You need to define the spline-continuity... that is, what it is all about in the end.

See you

*Fuchur*