Hash, Inc. Forums

Introducing Myself

Hi Everyone,

I felt that if I was going to continue posting on here that I should set up an account of my own as it didn't feel right using my dads.

I will make one more post from my fathers account (Below my comment from this account on the following thread: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41737) just to verify that I am who I say I am on this account.

Thank you all,

Regards

Josh

• Admin

Quoted from another post:

In the relatively near future I will be beginning work on a book on my dads life and work. I'm not sure if you are aware but as well

as a self taught animator, Paul was also an accomplished Jeweller, carpenter as well as a highly skilled wordsmith and traditional artist.

His story is one that I feel deserves to be told and heard by all and it would mean a lot if anyone here would like to summarise what Paul

meant to them and how he affected their lives. When I get to an area in the book which is suitable I would love to be able to quote from

people from the A.M. forum.

Josh,

Your dad's personal Work In Progress (WIP) topic was considered the best in that category. Some forum members enjoyed having separate forum areas of their own that highlight their creativity but Paul always seemed to enjoy collecting and updating that WIP (Paul's Playground). We sure enjoyed catching up with him and his projects each time he updated that WIP.

I don't know if you've had time to read his topic but if memory serves me correctly, he often spoke fondly of you (his family). We may not have known you personally but we did get brief glimpses of your accomplishments through your dad. Your family was very obviously important to him.

If there is anything we can do to help collect Paul's resources posted here in the Animation:Master forum let us know and we'll do our best to assist your family.

Hi again everyone and thank you all for your kind welcomes.

welcome Josh... about A:M, did you already gave it a try ?

I started on Animation Master around 9 years ago (I forget what version my dad was running at the time).

I had experimented a lot with it and really do enjoy AM but due to several things after a couple of years lost touch with 3D animation in general.

I have always meant to get back into it but never gotten around to it. When I have time though I most certainly plan on picking it back up again to create, entertain and educate.

Rodney, thank you very much, it is wonderful to hear my dad spoken of in such light. I will most definitely let you know if there is anything you can do to help.

Kind Regards

Josh

• Hash Fellow

Welcome back to A:M, Josh.

Your father did a lot of fine-looking work, the source for most of which probably resides only on his computer. I'm sure you'll be careful with that. If you need help preparing any of that for print for your planned book, I or others on the forum could probably be of assistance.

You asked what your father meant to us. Of course, the internet is an odd way to know people, you find out only the small bits they mention. I go through stages of starting out thinking everyone in CG is 20-something and then various reveals add up make a more complete picture. Only recently did I realize he was approaching 60 and he only mentioned his health trouble a few times, to explain extended absences from the forum.

So i didn't know your father also did carpentry and jewelry-making but I'm not surprised to hear that he was good at those things and I recall he had shown some of his traditional art here. All those talents seem to have informed the great looking models he was making.

He also did some very interesting pure 3D experiments. I was very impressed when he made a character evaporate into particles that blew away like leaves.

Paul and I had a few tangles while we were making "The Tin Woodman of Oz", which i regret, but unlike some other regulars who stomped off mad when TWO didn't go exactly to their own plan Paul was big enough to let all that pass and stick around.

I'm disappointed that we won't have Paul's new work showing up here anymore but I'm most disappointed that Paul won't get to enjoy a long retirement which I'm sure he would have put to good and productive use.