Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Squetch Rig Installation

Greenhorn

Hello:

I have created a model of my own and was trying to install the Squetch rig onto it.

I'm using AM 16b 64bit. My PC is a Dell XPS w Windows 7 Pro. I have an NVIDIA GeForce 555M video card.

I downloaded the latest Rig (13s_Posable_Five_Finger_Squetch_Rig_10_06_2011 ).

I followed mtpeak's instructions from "Getting Started" all the way to the "Final Step". Along the way I noticed a few discrepancies.

1) The orange Hand bones poses were missing from my rig. I could not adjust the position of the finger install bones. The carpals and the finger bones themselves were ok.

2) The cheeks/jowls install bones pose was missing.

Anyway I went ahead with everything else. When I was at the final step, the instructions say to go to Animations Controls FACE interface folder and set the "FACE off/Joint Controls/Split Controls" pose to "not set".

The problem is I don't find the Animation Controls folder. The only folder I had was the Pose Installation folder. Did I miss a key step somewhere in the process?

post-12653-1338872982_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I thought (perhaps naively so) that maybe I could go ahead and export the model. So I did it. AM crashed on me at this point. Serves me right I guess. :)

Interestingly enough despite AM crashing, there was an exported model file. So I opened it up and it looked like the bones were there. Not sure if everything worked or not.

How can I figure out what to do next?

Should I go back to the earlier step and re-run "export"?

Should I start from scratch and make sure I add whatever is missing so I don't get into this situation?

Is there a way to check if the bones got installed properly?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I know nothing of installing Squetch, however....

if you have a situation you can repeat that crashes A:M, (and does it in v17) that would be a good thing to bundle up and submit to AMReports

www.hash.com/reports

You'll need to get an account name and password from Jason but he'll set you up.

Crashes get fixed quickly.

Back to Squetch.... of course you saved your work in versions as you went along so it would be easy to step back and find where the departure between written process and your result first started. :)

There are some differences since Mark's tutorial...most notably the hand installation. There is a text file included in the ZIP with instructions and the hand positioning method is in this post.

The Squetch Rig doesn't have a current tutorial for installation...it's something I'm trying to get done, but I want to get a couple of updates in before making it and I'm notoriously slow due to all of the irons I have in the fire.

The reason you don't see the Poses you are expecting is that you have to export your model, run the "InstallRig" plugin, delete the installation Poses and then import the appropriate "FINAL_IMPORT" model (its' explained in the included text file).

I'm not sure why you crashed...it works fine on my end. If you still have trouble after reading the text file and watching the hand positioning video, point me at your model and I'll take a look at your installation.

• 3 months later...