Hash, Inc. Forums

Can't find the any plugin on OSX

Hi folks,

I am following the flower tutorial and want ot duplicate the paddle. I have it grouped and when I right click on it, the plugin is not in the context menu.

Any clue what is wrong? Besides some texture plugins, AM shows no other plugins. For an exmaple, there are no export options at all.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael

Lets start here

make sure you have the plugins

go to your hard drive / applications/ Animation Master 16.0 folder

look for the HXT folder it should look like the pic (hxt folder with plugins )

if you do not see an hxt folder or you do not see the plugins in the folder

do a search for the hxt folder ( command f ) and a search for a plugin such as Align.hxt

just to see if you have them anywhere

if you do not have an HXT folder or the plugins are missing from the folder and cannot be found you should reinstall AM

If however you do find everything as is just try this

close AM

go to GO / utilities /disk utilities/ select your hard drive / select repair permissions /

restart your computer and try AM

sometimes this helps

j

hxt_folder.png

Been there, done that :-( didn't help either. Slowly I am regreting getting this app.

Ehm, I didn't save that file but I had no problems reinstalling. Would that be a difference? I think somehow A_M can't recognize these plugins anymore. Or could it be that I my Imac is running with a german language. I don't think so but who nows.

• Hash Fellow

We've got a lot of Mac users around and I've never seen anyone get HXT files installed as "folders" before. Something is dramatically unique in this situation.

What version do you get when you install? Look at Help>About Animation:Master

It seems to me like your system isn't acknowledging the .hxt file format. Can you do a search and see if you have any other ".hxt" files?

I've had issues in the past where I was unable to use A:M's shaders because the .shd file format name is shared by another application.

The only solution that I've found is to uninstall the offending application.

We've got a lot of Mac users around and I've never seen anyone get HXT files installed as "folders" before. Something is dramatically unique in this situation.

What version do you get when you install? Look at Help>About Animation:Master

It is 16.0b. Guess it is time for a complete reinstall of the system if I can't find anything else. :-(

It seems to me like your system isn't acknowledging the .hxt file format. Can you do a search and see if you have any other ".hxt" files?

I've had issues in the past where I was unable to use A:M's shaders because the .shd file format name is shared by another application.

The only solution that I've found is to uninstall the offending application.

Nope, only these hxt "folders" show up.

• Developer

How looking other plugin folders ? (as example the texture plugins at /Animation Master 16.0/Textures)

Also please attach Your logfile (master.log located at /Applications/Animation Master 16.0/ if You have done the default installation)

What You can try too , install the V17 beta (after installation You must copy the master0.lic file from the V16 folder into the v17 folder )

My develop mac works also with german language , so this can't be the problem .

Maybe if the indexing was updated?

Not sure how you do that (I always thought it indexed your hard drive automatically.)

Can you do a "Get Info" on one of the folders?

If everything was right, it should look like this:

hxt_shot.png

Any Mac Users know how to get the OS to re-index these files ...or recognize them?

Okay, try this page

Go to your System Preference and select the Spotlight pane. Click on the Privacy tab. Now drag your Animation Master folder onto the list. Once it's there, remove it, by selecting it and hitting the minus "-" button at the bottom of the list.

This will make Spotlight re-index the folder (and its contents.)

Thanks folks for all your help. I have it working now again. Somehow I must have made my system believe that it was a folder. I think when I tried to view the content of the package (thought is was a script), I opened it up in TextEdit. That must have screwed it up.

If someone stumbles across the same problem one day, here is how I have fixed it.

1) I got the app "File Matey". http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25470/file-matey

2) With it, I viewed one of the offending plugins.

3) I checked "has bundle bit".

4) Saved the plugin.

Now it doesn't look like a folder anymore. Now you can right click on it and see that it was assigned to be open with TextEdit.

I changed this to Animation:Master and check that all files with the same hxt extension will be changed.

Voila, A:M recognizes the plugins again.