Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Installing 32-bit A:M if you already have 64-bit A:M

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Mod note: I've split this off from a TAoA:M exercise thread as this might be useful to other people who need to find and install 32-bit A:M to use its Quicktime ability. 64-bit A:M doesn't have Quicktime, but 32-bit A:M does.

Here is mine. Hopefully I added this right if not help!!!

Actually the best way to post work is to render it to a Quicktime file.

If you are using 64-bit A:M you may also want to install the 32-bit version so you can load your PRJ and render (Quicktime isn't available yet in 64-bit A:M)

You can have both A:Ms installed. copy the master0.lic file from the 64-bit A:M folder to the 32-bit A:M folder.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is mine. Hopefully I added this right if not help!!!

Actually the best way to post work is to render it to a Quicktime file.

If you are using 64-bit A:M you may also want to install the 32-bit version so you can load your PRJ and render (Quicktime isn't available yet in 64-bit A:M)

You can have both A:Ms installed. copy the master0.lic file from the 64-bit A:M folder to the 32-bit A:M folder.

Okay so I just download the 32 bit version from the site?

• Hash Fellow

When you run that installer and it shows the path it wants to install to , make sure it's going to the

C:\Program Files (x86)

rather than the regular "Program Files" folder

• Hash Fellow

After you get your PRJ loaded and the camera view selected

Press the Render Button to get the "Render To File Settings"

Choose "Final"

Set "Start" and "End" to suit your animation

Press the ... button to Get "Save Images As". Choose a filename and location. Set "Save as File Type" to Quicktime". Press OK

ChooseQuicktime.JPG

Press the "Compression" button to get the Quicktime compression settings. The settings in this screen cap are safe for your first try.

QuicktimeCompression.JPG

When you run that installer and it shows the path it wants to install to , make sure it's going to the

How do I get to that because it does not come up when I right click on it.

• Hash Fellow

How do I get to that because it does not come up when I right click on it.

That address up there is not where you save the 32-bit installer to. You can save the installer (the file you download from the Hash FTP site) to any convenient place on your hard drive.

When you RUN that installer file it will show several typical installer screens you click thru until you get to this one

InstallScreen.JPG

If it doesn't have that "Destination Folder" address, make it that address before you click "Install"

• Hash Fellow
Can you still run the A:M you were using before? The 64-bit A:M

Yes I am running the 64 bit, I can't get into the 32bit version it is asking for a code.

Remember, you need to copy the master0.lic file from your 64-bit version to your 32-bit version. Then it will run.

and save that master0.lic file somewhere safe, too, to back it up.

Yes I am running the 64 bit, I can't get into the 32bit version it is asking for a code.

You should be able to copy your license file (master0.lic) from the 64-bit version install folder to the 32-bit version install folder, and it should work.

Robcat beat me to it.

You should be able to copy your license file (master0.lic) from the 64-bit version install folder to the 32-bit version install folder, and it should work.

Robcat beat me to it.

Got it and will do.

• Hash Fellow
Question are there any other tutorials out there? I like the ones in the TAO but I want to focus more on modeling first. Backwards I know.

Have you done the modeling tuts in TAoA:M already? Posted your work? Don't pass them up.

Question are there any other tutorials out there? I like the ones in the TAO but I want to focus more on modeling first. Backwards I know.

Have you done the modeling tuts in TAoA:M already? Posted your work? Don't pass them up.

Where can I download the blueprints for the models? I have just dabbled with the eyeball tutorial that itsjustme has up on am films.

• Hash Fellow
Where can I download the blueprints for the models? I have just dabbled with the eyeball tutorial that itsjustme has up on am films.

Blueprints? Why when I was a boy....

I'm talking about the TAoA:M tuts # 8,9,10 and 11 which introduce the core concepts of A:M modeling.

Maybe you mean the "rotoscope" images for the giraffe and fighter plane? In your first series of emails when you bought A:M there was a link to an archive you can download that has among other things, the various assets you use for tutorials.

I believe this is the link...

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/misc/Data.zip

from the email:

A limited data set is included in the installer- you can download the entire

CD data folder HERE: http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/misc/Data.zip

Once you''ve downloaded and unzipped it, just replace the existing data

folder that is in the same location as the Animation:Master executable.

For Windows, this location is /Program Files/Hash Inc/V15.0/

For Mac, this location is /Applications/Animation Master V15.0/

of course, you will replace that version number reference with whatever you are using now.

Blueprints? Why when I was a boy....

I'm talking about the TAoA:M tuts # 8,9,10 and 11 which introduce the core concepts of A:M modeling.

Maybe you mean the "rotoscope" images for the giraffe and fighter plane? In your first series of emails when you bought A:M there was a link to an archive you can download that has among other things, the various assets you use for tutorials.

I believe this is the link...

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/misc/Data.zip

from the email:

A limited data set is included in the installer- you can download the entire

CD data folder HERE: http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/misc/Data.zip

Once you''ve downloaded and unzipped it, just replace the existing data

folder that is in the same location as the Animation:Master executable.

For Windows, this location is /Program Files/Hash Inc/V15.0/

For Mac, this location is /Applications/Animation Master V15.0/

of course, you will replace that version number reference with whatever you are using now.

Okay those my bad but I never got an email.

• Hash Fellow

There isn't a video version of the Giraffe tutorial yet but it is in the PDF version of TAoA:M. That's a great exercise.

I did make some video notes on part of the giraffe tutorial. You can find it in the screencams link in my signature.