Hash, Inc. Forums

Rotation of a decal before applying?

PF_Mark

As far as I know you can't rotate a decal, you have to rotate the viewport. Using the turn tool and contrl key, you can rotate the viewport on the Z axis when in front view. You can also type in the rotation by selecting the axis at the bottom right of the status bar.

view_settings.jpg

As far as I know you can't rotate a decal, you have to rotate the viewport. Using the turn tool and contrl key, you can rotate the viewport on the Z axis when in front view. You can also type in the rotation by selecting the axis at the bottom right of the status bar.

Yes, that is the best way there is... or you just rotate your texture in your 2d-graphicprogram.

But this is the better solution in many situations.

Had nearly forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

See you

*Fiuchur*

It appears you can also accomplish this in the UV editor. Select the whole mesh and press R and rotate it. I did it with a simple 4-patch grid and it worked (it did appear to look like it distorted in the editor, but in the model it was fine.)

And just in case you need one more way: you can Flip the image used for the decal (horizontally or vertically only) before you select apply.

But if I need to rotate image 90 degrees (not 180), then I prefer first to do it in an image editing program, then bring into A:M

FlipImageforDecalBeforeAppl.jpg