Hash, Inc. Forums

v17.0 Public Beta 02

steve392

Is this posible for anyone to get yet,or is it still not public

cheers Steve

-> "Public beta" ;).

So yes you can, but you need an activate v16 subscription. If you own that, you can just download the installer and install it.

See you

*Fuchur*

Hi I am using v16 but when I open 17 it asks for a activation code

edit

oh its ok I just used the v 16 code and its ok now thanks Fuchur

In general you just need to copy the master0.lic-file of your v16-folder to the v17-folder.

But nice that it worked that way too :).

See you

*Fuchur*

Hi guys,

since this has not been mentioned explicit before I wanted to tell you about some smaller but very nice features which have been developed for v17:

- Copy surface-group-values from one group to another:

1.) Create one group. Give it some surface-values like a color-value, etc.

2.) Create another group. (can be empty or not)

3.) Press CTRL and drag the first group on the second group.

> A:M will copy the group-settings of the first one to the second group.

- Copy group-pivot to material:

1.) Create a group in a model and a material. For example a checker-material should be well suited to demonstrate it.

2.) Drag and drop the material on it.

3.) Rightclick on the group and click on "Copy group-pivot to material".

> A:M will place the materials origin to the groups pivot. Before it was on the 0/0/0-point of the model. Can be helpful if you need to adjust a material in a specific way.

These are those which came to me mind recently.

Maybe I will post more here in future.

In connection to that, this one available since v15 is a nice thing too:

- Create material from group-settings:

1.) Rightclick on the group with the surface-settings you want to use as a base for the material.

2.) Choose "Create material from surface".

> A:M will create a new material with the surface-values of the group.

See you

*Fuchur*

EDIT: Thanks mtpeak, had a look and found it in v16 too, so I guess you are right. Never noticed it before...

• Admin
- Create material from group-settings:

1.) Rightclick on the group with the surface-settings you want to use as a base for the material.

2.) Choose "Create material from surface".

> A:M will create a new material with the surface-values of the group.

I'm glad you commented on this one. I was hoping to get a little more info on that.

Steve

Pardon me contacting you this way but, What part of East Anglia are you in ?

I live just outside of Beccles ~Suffolk ( about 20 miles south of Norwich). Finding another AM user in this region is not a common oone !

regards

simon

[/quote

Sorry only just seen this

I live in Peterborough,well someone has to :) Didn;t realise you were in the area allthough its a fair trip

btw Ive workd in and around Beccles a few times and Norwich laying floors

I live in Peterborough,well someone has to :) Didn;t realise you were in the area allthough its a fair trip

btw Ive workd in and around Beccles a few times and Norwich laying floors

recently made contact with a former college friend who lives in Peterborough. She teaches adult literacy. It is a bit of a trek but good to know theres someone else using AM fairly near. I talk about tit to people and, mainly, they've never heard of it.

Regards

simon

I've got a comment/observation about the v17 beta. I like the Animate button turning red when it's active, and the way the chor window gets the red border...but shouldn't the window have the red border when the Animate button is red? Right now it's reversed, the window has the red border when the Animate button is inactive. this is a nice touch but it seems they should both be red at the same time.

I've got a comment/observation about the v17 beta. I like the Animate button turning red when it's active, and the way the chor window gets the red border...but shouldn't the window have the red border when the Animate button is red? Right now it's reversed, the window has the red border when the Animate button is inactive. this is a nice touch but it seems they should both be red at the same time.

You can turn that inverse if you want. Have a look at the Option-Menu.

The default behaviour is based on the fact, that it is meant to be an "alert"-feature, because you can easily mess things up heavily when you work with Animate-Button off (you change ALL the keyframes on any given time) while it is not that bad if you work with it on by accident (you will only mess up the keyframes at one time).

Anyway since Jason had the same concerns, there is the option-menu-entry that can help you if you find it more logical the other way round.

See you

*Fuchur*