Hash, Inc. Forums

New to animation

Dpendleton77

Just breezed thru this thread, love the new blood. MANIAC, I like your style- that's your 1st character??? Your gonna be someone to watch! Alvee- hope you decide to come aboard- look at some of my work in my reel down in my signature. A:M is local based software...not 'cloud' based... altho- lately I have been starting a render at work and rendering finish frames to my Dropbox account, so at home I can open them up to see how my render is looking...

I think you will need a credit card/debit card for the online subscription... don't know if A:M allows for PayPal yet.

Here some advise from a rookie i bought keyboard shortcuts stickers for A:M program they work great for me dont no if im allowed to post link of wear i got them ...A:M should make these put in Package just a thought

Welcome ... A:M have all tools needed to produce great animations, its learning curve is extremely fast with an intuitive way to do what you want to do.

One of the best examples here in the forum is Gene ( The Spleen )... follow this link http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41481

just saw this

Awww shucks!

• Hash Fellow
Well I just bought this puppy and I am now taking it for a spin.

watch this one first:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=358113

And then, the tuts in The Art of Animation:Master are still a very good introduction and cover many key points.

I don't have A:M yet....

Do you buy it straight off the internet, and it downloads onto your computer, or does it get sent to you in the mail???????

If it is downloaded, do you need to have internet access to access it?????

-Alvee :blink:

• Hash Fellow

Do you buy it straight off the internet, and it downloads onto your computer, or does it get sent to you in the mail???????

The $79 version is downloaded. You do need internet access to "activate" either version the first time after you install it. After that, you don't need to be connected to the internet to run A:M.

There have been rare cases where someone wanted to install A:M on a computer that would never be connected to the internet. I forget how that worked but there was some sort of email exchange of files that got that done.

Point your web browser (INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED) to the Hash store and buy it with a credit card. You get the license key on the screen and in an email. The basic $79 license permits use of the UI and the net-render-server can coordinate with up to 4 clients for 1 year; the UI and the server are licensed for the same machine. Note that net-render clients can be on any machine.

You download the software from the ftp site. (INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED)

When you run the software, it asks for the key that you got when you purchased the software. The software will then contact the Hash license server (INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED), get the actual license key for your hardware, and write the license file to your system.

Hope that helps.

The $79 version is downloaded. You do need internet access to "activate" either version the first time after you install it. After that, you don't need to be connected to the internet to run A:M.

There have been rare cases where someone wanted to install A:M on a computer that would never be connected to the internet. I forget how that worked but there was some sort of email exchange of files that got that done.

The off-the-internet option involves running a program (rlmhostid.exe) that outputs an ID based on your computer hardware. That is sent to Hash. The internet option is far easier if at all possible.

• Hash Fellow
I am doing the video tutorial number 3 and I can't for the life of me get the forearm to bend like that guy in the video does it. Help!!!!

Is this the part you're on?

To position the arms, use the Forearm bone. As you rotate the

forearm, the bicep will also rotate, as you would expect. This

automation is called inverse kinematics. To bend the elbow,

rotate the bicep bone.

Have you turned on the Rotate Manipulator by pressing "R" and using the green ring to turn it?

• Hash Fellow
I am doing the video tutorial number 3 and I can't for the life of me get the forearm to bend like that guy in the video does it. Help!!!!

I've made a video with some notes on other ways to pose Rabbit's arms. Check it out in post #391 of the "Move It" thread.

I've made a video with some notes on other ways to pose Rabbit's arms. Check it out in post #391 of the "Move It" thread.

Okay I will check it out also I did your tutorial.

• Hash Fellow
To get A:M do you NEED a credit card, or can you get it at a store?????

-Alvee :blink::)

Regrettably, A:M is not available in stores. I believe a credit card is required. It's possible they take PayPal now too. You could go through the order process at the Hash Store far enough to see what the payment options are.

you can buy 25$ 50$ 100$ +++ Gift credit cards Visa,Mastercard in stores when you get the card register it .you must Register Gift card for it to work online...Thats the way I buy online Stuff..Better to be safe then sorry

Ask Jason (support@hash.com) about PayPal or use a credit card.

If you want to buy the CD-version you can go to Safe Habor too, if I am not wrong.

It seems like they are selling the current version too.

For subscription you have to buy it at hash.com.

See you

*Fuchur*

Nice tutorial but it was a bit fast for me to follow. I would like to know if there are some more beginners vids on how to model. I want to really learn how to model before I dig into the animation side. Thanks a lot.

• Hash Fellow
Nice tutorial but it was a bit fast for me to follow. I would like to know if there are some more beginners vids on how to model. I want to really learn how to model before I dig into the animation side. Thanks a lot.

Holmes just made a nice list of various people's How-To tuts...

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=368642

But after you've done all the TAoA:M modeling tuts, and watched some of those others that you find interesting, think of a simple model that you want to make, start a WIP thread for it and when you get stuck ask a question. That's the best way to start making the stuff stick.