Hash, Inc. Forums

Copying bone movement...

wildcard

I'm back to the drawing board trying to figure if I can get to work in the first place.

So I've got two bones, one intended to be setup with dynamic constrains and the other to copy the movement of the first bone. The second bone will be controlling the cp's. Both setup in a on/off pose of there own. Both bones are positioned horizontally

The idea was to enable the dynamic constraints pose and have it get effected by gravity, once it's in a resting position (stopped bouncing around) enable the other pose and copy any movement changes from there on the second horizontally positioned bone.

However, I'm failing to get it to work. It either snaps in the same position of the dynamic bone or snaps to an other un intended position when enabling the pose.

I'm starting to wonder if it is actually possible with AM?

Any one able to throw me a bone and help? :rolleyes:

You either have to give the second bone an exaggerated offset, in the constraint, so it is in the position you want when the dynamics are ON or you need to constrain the second bone in an action or chor, so the enforcement of the constraint is set to 100% (with compensation) after the dynamic bone has settled (enforcement is 0% til dynamics are settled).

Hope that makes sense.

Its not working for me and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm pretty sure its possible.

Here a snapshot.

Capture1.PNG

3 Bones,

Bone A, the main bone with bones B and C, both a child of bone A.

One pose setup with a dynamic constraint put on bone B, with a spring system.

One pose setup with a Orientate like Bone B.

At frame zero in the action time line I enable the Dynamic pose for Bone B, that works.

Giving Bone B be a few seconds to bounce and become idle before I enable the pose to orientate like bone B.

The moment I turn it on it snap to match the exact same position of bone B.

This isn't what I'm looking for, I want it to copy the movement of bone B, from it's current position, not snap to it to exactly match it.

I fooled around with and with out compensate mode, but see little effect.

• Hash Fellow

To use the compensate mode correctly...

-select the bone you want constrained

-RMB to select a constraint type

-make sure the compensate mode button is depressed (should turn it self on by default)

-then select the target bone with the eyedropper cursor

Is that what you are doing?

Managed to get it working, again, but don't have a clue what and how I did it.

Will continue learning/experimenting with bones at a later time. Will be getting the key to my new apartment in a few days and there will be plenty of other work to do before I can pickup tinkering around with AM again.