Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"Ground up" bones tut?

Darthlister

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya, all--

Is there a "from the beginning" tut anywhere on how to construct a rig from the ground up?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Darthlister,

I do at my website (see my signature) but it is still in progress has has been for some time.

If you know very little about rigging though then you can have a look at my rigging basics warm-up video right now. It is just a video running through the process of rigging a simple model so that you can just see the workflow without have to worry about specific details.

I am following that video up with another video based on this tutorial here. The video is finished but I need to record/ re-record the audio because the microphone that I had been using was not so good (you may notice this in the rigging basics warm-up video).

I hope that will help you at least a little in the meantime.

Take care and good luck to you.

Heya, all--

Is there a "from the beginning" tut anywhere on how to construct a rig from the ground up?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Darthlister,

I do at my website (see my signature) but it is still in progress has has been for some time.

If you know very little about rigging though then you can have a look at my rigging basics warm-up video right now. It is just a video running through the process of rigging a simple model so that you can just see the workflow without have to worry about specific details.

I am following that video up with another video based on this tutorial here. The video is finished but I need to record/ re-record the audio because the microphone that I had been using was not so good (you may notice this in the rigging basics warm-up video).

I hope that will help you at least a little in the meantime.

Take care and good luck to you.

Thanks. I took a look at the tut, but the video is showing up as greenscreen on my W7 box. Is there a particular codec it needs to play correctly?

Thanks again,

Rich

Thanks. I took a look at the tut, but the video is showing up as greenscreen on my W7 box. Is there a particular codec it needs to play correctly?

Thanks again,

Rich

Hi Rich,

You should be ok if you have the flash plugin installed. If you don't have that installed but you have quicktime installed then you should be able to watch it that way.

The video is in a m4v format so you could download it and watch it in a player like VLC if you want. you can also watch it on an iphone or ipad if you have one.

Just so I know though, which browser did you try to view it on on your Windows 7 computer?

Thanks again,

Rich

Hi Rich,

You should be ok if you have the flash plugin installed. If you don't have that installed but you have quicktime installed then you should be able to watch it that way.

The video is in a m4v format so you could download it and watch it in a player like VLC if you want. you can also watch it on an iphone or ipad if you have one.

Just so I know though, which browser did you try to view it on on your Windows 7 computer?

Thx for the reply, Mec--

Looking in IE9--clicked the icon at the top for HD and it came right in. Not sure what the issue is, but it worked eventually.

Thanks,

Rich