Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

trying to install a:m

dschwoegler

I just recently found my older copy of A:M 10.5 and am trying to install it but have run into 2 problems. 1: it tells me I'm using an unsupported newer version of windows. 2: Once I got past that it is asking me for a serial number which I have no idea where that could be.

Thanks for your help

Dave

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to the forum!

I just recently found my older copy of A:M 10.5 and am trying to install it but have run into 2 problems. 1: it tells me I'm using an unsupported newer version of windows. 2: Once I got past that it is asking me for a serial number which I have no idea where that could be.

I am able to run v10.5 on my Windows 7 Home Premium. It's possible if you got the last v10.5 installer off the Hash ftp page that might work. It's also possible that running the installer in a Windows "Compatibility Mode" may be the answer.

You will need a serial number however. Possibly it is stamped in your manual.

I'll note that for $79 you can get the one-year license to v16 and be far ahead on many bug fixes and new features. :)

Thanks for the help I'll have to find my manual I know I have it. I bought the program so many years ago and messed around with it so after finding it I thought I'd just mess around again.

Definitely find and keep the serial number, but the best thing you can do is upgrade. Newer versions are more stable, have more features, and (the biggie!) when you have problems with v10 and come here for answers, you *know* what the refrain will be!