Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Basic facial rigs?

Roger

• *A:M User*

I'm getting to the point where I just about have one character completely rigged. The other one hopefully won't take as long because I'm using the TSM2 rig on it. Soon I will need to set up some facial rigs for the characters.

I assume at a minimum, I will need controls for the eyes, eyelids, mouth, cheekbones, eyebrows and forehead. Is there anything else I am forgetting?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I assume at a minimum, I will need controls for the eyes, eyelids, mouth, cheekbones, eyebrows and forehead. Is there anything else I am forgetting?

Those are pretty much the essentials. Much can be done with that. All can sliding scale of how much detail you want to rig them with.

I hadn't really regarded the forehead as a separate issue, it's something affected by the eyebrows.

Cheek puffing and nostril-flaring are rarely needed additions.

A creature with a snout-like mouth will need some experimentation to decide how to handle the mouthshapes for speaking.

• *A:M User*

I hadn't planned on having him speak, just sort of make snuffling type noises. I planned on telling the story mainly through body language and facial expression.