Hash, Inc. Forums

A five second logo

Here's a five second logo I worked on for a friend with the original concept drawing that he provided. I made 640x480, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 versions...this is the 1280x720 version...1.0 gamma, H264 compressed Quicktime.

There are plenty of things I wish I had done better, but I think overall it came out alright.

acey_logo.jpg

animated_logo_1280x720_1.0_gamma_30FPS_H264.mov

• 2 weeks later...

SORRY- I didn't see your question till now... how would I 'approach' this...? I guess 2-3 basic things might help:

-Put an 'aim-at' null in the center of the logo, and constrain the camera directly on it, this will eliminate the 'swing' arc motion it seems to have as it moves in...

-The camera move is quite linear, which is good at the end because of the sudden SLAM! but maybe put an ease in at the start of the move.

-I might employ the use of FOG, set to eliminate the seam in the background. You can always turn your logo model to 'ignore fog'.

-Since your camera move seems to be primarily 'showing off' the depth of the model (which is cool) maybe put a little bit of Y (up and down) action in it as well... so the cam would start out a little higher, and stop where it stops now.

-I might look into adding a little dust kick-up to emphasize the SLAM! action... even if it just eminates and disappears quickly.

ooops. that was more than 2 or 3. hope this helps.