Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2 error messages--help!

purplegirl

Help! I have two error messages I have researched and can't fix.

1. When I open A:M I get the message "unable to load plug-in [/applications/animation master 16.0/textures/simbiont2.atx], -err-

This one doesn't seem to cause any problem, but because I have another error (below) I thought I'd mention it.

2. When I create a new dope sheet, I add a sentence then get the message "dictionary modified or index file missing. Recreating index file"

This message takes me to a "locate file" dialog box, and at the bottom of the dialog I can see that it's expecting a *.i file.

SOOOO, I can't make my characters talk!

Btw, I have version 16.0b and I'm running OS X (Lion).

Purplegirl

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M Purple person!

Some mac person will have to chime in on the simbiont related error But I believe the dictionary file you need is really "dictionary.dic".

I'm not sure why it's looking for a .i file but if you can change that to "anything" or .dic perhaps you can see the file.

I'm thinking maybe the Symbiont2 plugin doesn't work under Lion. You can remove it from the Textures folder and that warning should stop. Not sure about the dictionary file thing. Hopefully Robcat's suggestion works. (I've never used it.)

• Developer
Welcome to A:M Purple person!

Some mac person will have to chime in on the simbiont related error

The simbiont plugin will not work on Lion , due Apple has removed some system calls in Lion , they are referenced from a library which the plugin is used and Hash doesn't have the source code for this library (owned by Darkling Simulation)

But I believe the dictionary file you need is really "dictionary.dic".

I'm not sure why it's looking for a .i file but if you can change that to "anything" or .dic perhaps you can see the file.

The index.i file is created if You are using the first time the dictionary, I think this fails due a permission problem for the /applications//animation master 16.0/ directory.

The index.i file is created if You are using the first time the dictionary, I think this fails due a permission problem for the /applications//animation master 16.0/ directory.

Does the Mac have an equivalent of the "ProgramData" folder? If so, Steffen, could the index be generated there?

I have not tried the dope sheet using lion

and if you are using a tower you can duel boot it with snow leopard ( not that you need a tower) but its nice to have it on separate drives

and bounce back and forth if needed

• Hash Fellow

PurpleGirl, I gave the "I've got a secret" tutorial a try and since i haven't done it before with this version of A:M I got the same message as you, but then it spun for a bit and continued on, apparently having created the new index.i file that Steffen referes to above.

Two ideas to try:

- get out a simple text editor and create an empty file and save it as "index.i" to the location that A:M was looking in (should be the same dir that A:M is installed in). Then try the tutorial from the beginning again

or...

-unzip this index.zip file and put the index.i file that my A:M just created to dir your A:M is in, then see if that works...

index.zip

(I had to put it in a zip because ".i" isn't an uploadable file type.)

Try those and let us know what happens.