Hash, Inc. Forums

Help - installed TSM2 but its not listed in plugins

Roger

• *A:M User*

I decided I might be better off going with TSM2 since I have a character with a tail. I downloaded TSM2 from the forums and installed it, but when I right-click and choose "plug-ins" I don't see it available.

What am I doing wrong?

I decided I might be better off going with TSM2 since I have a character with a tail. I downloaded TSM2 from the forums and installed it, but when I right-click and choose "plug-ins" I don't see it available.

What am I doing wrong?

Is TSM2 available for 64bit? Maybe you are using 64 bit and for the plugins to run you need to go with 32bit-version of A:M?

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

TSM2 works with 32-bit A:M only. You can have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed using the same license.

The tail rig of TSM2 isnt' necessarily useful for all tails. It presumes a tail that needs many bones.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of 64 bit vs. 32 bit AM? I'm currently using AM 64.

Maybe I'll just go back to using Literig then, since it probably doesn't make sense to roll back to AM 32 bit.

The only differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions is the ability to access more memory. If you are simply rigging a character, you can use the 32-bit version with TSM2, save the character and then open it with 64-bit AM and see your rig in place and use it.

The only reason you need to run the 32-bit version is to utilize the TSM2 plugin or any older plugin that is not designed for the 64-bit version.

Cheers!

Ok. I guess that makes sense.

Any votes as to which rig would be better to animate with? Rigging is not my favorite thing, so if I'm going to go to the trouble of installing a rig I may as well pick the best one.

And then again, even as much as I hate rigging, maybe I'll be better off doing my own simple rig again for this character as opposed to using someone else's rig. At least then I'll understand more easily what each bone

is doing.

• Hash Fellow

Just a general note... you dont' have to "roll back" to use 32-bit A:M.

You run the 32-bit installer, it installs to the "Program Files (x86)" folder that other 32-bit apps are in, you copy your license file over and then you have two A:Ms to use as needed. It's free!

And when you run the installer, make sure its install path really is to the (x86) folder.

Is there a reason it has to be in Program Files(x86)? My copy of v16 is installed in the Program Files folder (not x86). I'm not sure how it ended up there, I'm pretty sure I didn't change the default folder.

• Hash Fellow

As far as I know, the 64-bit version should install to...

C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V16.0

and the 32-bit version should install to...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hash Inc\V16.0

It's possible that the installer could get confused and that's why I recommended examining the address that the installer says it is planning to install to before you let it go ahead and install, but i also dont' know if it really matters that they be in proper folders since it is technically possible to install a program to any folder anywhere.

I like to have them in their different Program Files folders so that the different 32 and 64 bit versions of the plugins are not getting put in to the same folders, but i dont' know if that really matters either. But in the case of TSM2 it does need to be put in the plugins folder the 32-bit version of A:M is looking at for plugins, and that's easy to find if my 32-bit A:M is in the 32-bit "Program Files (x86) folder"