Hash, Inc. Forums

ALBBY

chaz

I have recently made this little short using Animation Master, I have uploaded it to the servers, but I understand it takes a while to be processed. So I thought I would just post a link to it to my Youtube channel until the short becomes avalible.

This is something I have been working on the last few months. It's a basic character test for a project I have in development.

The brief I set myself was to develop Albby's cheeky little character and design a world for him to inhabit. I also wanted to play around with cameras and develop a style that would suit the story telling I am interested in.

It's been a challenge...but fun.

I have no textures on any of the models yet, that's going to be the next series of tests.

Hope you enjoy it:

Feels pretty good to be able to post somethign on here again. Last time I posted a little film at Hash.com was back in 2005 (Mischief)......been a while and I noticed a lot has changed. Good to see people still using A-M though. ;-)

Cheers guys, much appreciated. It was hard work, and took a while but it was fun. Am looking at streamlining my work flow now so I can make more of them, and try and do them more quickly.

I still have a lot of work to do in terms of developing the "Albby World" project as a whole. As I mentioned the next step is to work on textures and lighting, developing an over all style that complements the characters. There is also much more to do besides that though too.

Your comments are very encouraging, and its good to be working in A-M again, being part of the community once more. I find A-M to be a very friendly versatile package to use. After working with Maya most of the time, A-M feels like such a fun and rich playgorund to be in. :-)

If I run into any technical problems during my experiments I shall throw a shout out, there are still parts of A-M that are still confusing. Are they still making video tutorials by any chance?

Also, has any body used Hash's painting package, and if so what is it like to work with?

Thanks again fellahs, much appreciated...am looking forward to getting stuck into my next film now....... :-)

Chaz.

• Hash Fellow
Also, has any body used Hash's painting package, and if so what is it like to work with?

I like it. It's actually a 3rd-party product but it works well.

I did a very brief video demo of it for the curious here:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40548

@ mouseman: Cheers for the heads up on the tuts, lot of helpfull advice there. ;)

@robcat2075 : Brilliant tutorials you have posted there. Thanks for the one on th epainting package, looks like a good tool I have been toying around with getting it for a while now, I might take the plunge. I take it its a download only package?

Also, great work on you blog page by the way. ;)

Charlie : That's a great little short. It has a lot of charm and I hope you do really well with it. I know you've worked very hard on it. Can't wait to see it with all the textures and lighting.

Robcat2075 : Just noticed the test animations on your blog. There's some great stuff there! I notice you are a Jeff Lynne fan too :)

• Hash Fellow
Robcat2075 : Just noticed the test animations on your blog. There's some great stuff there! I notice you are a Jeff Lynne fan too :)

Thanks! Nice to see you peaking back in here, Dale!

I have recently made this little short using Animation Master, I have uploaded it to the servers, but I understand it takes a while to be processed. So I thought I would just post a link to it to my Youtube channel until the short becomes avalible.

This is something I have been working on the last few months. It's a basic character test for a project I have in development.

The brief I set myself was to develop Albby's cheeky little character and design a world for him to inhabit. I also wanted to play around with cameras and develop a style that would suit the story telling I am interested in.

It's been a challenge...but fun.

I have no textures on any of the models yet, that's going to be the next series of tests.

Hope you enjoy it:

Feels pretty good to be able to post somethign on here again. Last time I posted a little film at Hash.com was back in 2005 (Mischief)......been a while and I noticed a lot has changed. Good to see people still using A-M though. ;-)

Really excellent animation -- great timing and overall production. You have real flair IMO. I hope you talk some on what it's like to use AM and how it stacks up for doing serious productions.

-SB