hide distortion box?

lbruno

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Turning it's "Active" property OFF in the chor will make it invisible. I haven't set up enough of a test case to see if that also turns off its distortion powers.

But try that and let us know.

• Hash Fellow

Whoops... turning it OFF does turn off it's distortion powers so that won't solve your problem.

However, I find that they are only visible in the chor when you are in Shaded-wirefrme or wireframe mode. If you go to shaded mode it won't be visible unless the distortion Action Object is actually selected.

• 4 weeks later...

I found that a few years back the dbox had lost its ability to be a tool for active animating... as say a bone is. despite my efforts with bug reports to get it back to that function it has not as far as I know.

so I just use it to create facial morph targets.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Robert, there was a time when I was able to create a pose and put the dbox into the pose say attached to the face of a character.

then whenever I wanted to animate the face I could turn that pose on and the dbox would become available.

it was great for facial animation...but after several back and forths when it stopped working, that ability of putting it into the pose as described above was explained as a bug which allowed me to do it?????

• Hash Fellow

I've been experimenting a bit more and the behavior is inconsistent.

Ostensibly, you use a distortion box as an action object, and drop the action on your character an then you can animate the distortion box in the chor. But it doesn't seem to work 100%.

More investigation is needed.