Hash, Inc. Forums

Light source not showing up

wildcard

I'm trying to create a Choreography, that is better suited to make reflective metallic surfaces more realistic.

The default Choreography with ground and background makes a reflective objects look a bit unrealistic and dead.

Adding more objects helps, but also increase render time.

I've created a 360° skydome, what does a good job making it more live like and realistic looking, but it's missing a visible light source, the sun.

SO I'm trying to make a light source to actually show up in the reflection instead of just emitting light with out being able to be seen.

Problem is, I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what, any one able to give me nudge in the right direction?

And/or create a sun spline model, that also has a coincident light (sun type)

Or perhaps you want to "paint in" an image of the sun in your background sky image and place your A:M sun light source to be coincident with it's placement.

Assumedly you have the property reflection = some percent on the surface that you want to reflect the sun? And it will show up better if there is some specularity set on the surface, as well as in the light. A slight bump map on the surface will help specularity show as well.

And yeah - turn on lens flare in the sun light for extra pizazz. But lens flare also takes into consideration the type of camera lens (the properties of the glass, shutter) that you are trying to simulate.

Edited by NancyGormezano

I used an actual model of the sun as well as placing a light source slightly larger than the sphere in the same position. I also turned on lens flare to make sure it showed up properly.

If you want an un-flared light source you will probably have to place a light source and model and make sure the model is 100% ambiance intensity with whatever color you want it to be.

Here's a quick render I did just now... you can always adjust the lens flare to your own taste.

SunRender.png

Hope that helps... cheers!

If I understood correctly your problem, you want the light source show itself in your model .... then you need to enable Specular Intensity/Size to your object

specular.jpg