Hash, Inc. Forums

IBL HDR environment map projection map Tutorial

These tutorials show you how to create this type of lighting and reflections.

Update. See this short video. Although the video shows what is not working it also clearly shows what is working. The work around to using the probes meaning spherical maps is to just make them upside down in Photoshop.

IBL_in_AM.mov

peterbilt.jpg

2011_Seat_IBL_Concept_006_800x600.jpg

1236_20preview.jpg

ecto_hdri1.jpg

final_comp.jpg

index_2.jpg

smart_IBL.jpg

This is 1 of 4 more tutorials.

IBL_HDR_LIGHTING_AND_REFLECTIONS_Part_1of4..mov

Here is the link to part 2 of 6

Tutorial 3 of 6

unwrapping_probes.mov

Download hdrshop below under tools.

I was unable to upload the quicktime to this site so I had to put it on youtube.

Relax and fallow a long on your end. You may need to fast forward through some areas.

"Environment shader" does not work correctly in my opinion. Watch the video let me know if you know why.

Next tutorials will cover

• formula for coming up with the correct exposer aka fstop for your hdr image
  • how to adjust gamma on your hdr image
  • how to fix an hdr image that comes into am corrupt
  • how to adjust an hdr image so its beautiful and less realistic
  • how to render out a final image with the ground plane active and AO applied
  • adding more shadows to the render not just ao
  • How to create your own lightprobe, HDR image and place your cg in the image so it looks photo real
  • How to animate using IBL and video as a background plate with moving reflections
  • How to create a CG light probe

Had to change the extension to .mov from mp4 to get it to upload

Tools

HDRShop.zip

Just watched the videos. Very informative. I never even thought about the -100 because you're inside the sphere.

Yes it seems to me that if you want you r ibl to match a reflection generated from a environment map material, the projection map material needs to have its scale x -100.

But I could be wrong. I would test a an unwrapped probe with a word on it to indicate if I am correct in that we are seeing the right thing or a dyslexic mirror.

Yes, keep going!

I'm not sure what all the cameras are for yet, so i guess that's a cliff hanger that's resolved in the next episode. :)

2 of 4 is up.

All the cameras are simply there right now for ease.

Use the green render lock for the camera mode and hit the 1 key to move around. Its an easy way to see whats going on very quickly all around your subjects. In practice on future projects you will not need to do this but for us right now we can use this method to easily see if the light source is correct and the reflections are correct no matter what method we use whether it be IBL, shaders or material to generate them.

100MB but no matter what I tried Making smaller or different codecs it never would upload. If oy uwant to keep the 2nd tutorial

go to keepvid.com

paste in the url from youtune and I recomend downloading the .mp4

• Hash Fellow
100MB but no matter what I tried Making smaller or different codecs it never would upload. If oy uwant to keep the 2nd tutorial

go to keepvid.com

paste in the url from youtune and I recomend downloading the .mp4

I'd recommend splitting part 2 into two parts, then you could upload them. The download from Youtube is turning out to be 346MB