Need Help Activating New Subscription!

chucky

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Can you give us a little more information on where you are having problems?

Have you got to the point where you have entered your activation code yet?

I'm about to resubscribe myself as my sub is expiring and I'm planning to record the process and turn it into a small tutorial (that way people can point to a location and say... this is where I get stuck... but that video won't be made for another few days.

The basic steps:

Download and Install current version.

Grab activation code from your email or the Hash Inc store and enter that into A:M when it prompts you for code. (my memory says I always Control C/Copy and Control V/Paste the activation code as that prevents accidental mistakes in typing it in manually. Not all programs allow this.)

Make sure you are connected to the internet so that the subscription can be activated.

A:M should notify you that your subscription has been activated.

There is another step most people perform and that is make a backup copy of the 'master0.lic' in your Hash Inc directory.

I confess that while I now copy it out of habit but as far as I can tell I have never used it. I just install and activate.

I've only had one glitch in the whole time I've been installing and activating and in that case I just started again from scratch and I installed.

At a guess I'd say that was due to a faulty internet connection but I'm not sure about that.

Please let us know where you are in the process of installation as that'll help us know where you are at.

Forgive my ignorance here but I assume that avast has something to do with antivirus or Macs?

When you say:

support won't help me either.

I assume you mean that you haven't heard back from them?

Support will always help you. It's possible they haven't seen your distress call yet.

OMG I can't get this subscription to work, support won't help me either.

How did you guys get it working? I have tried everything here including stopping avast but nothing has worked.

HELP PLEASE!

Since you had a subscription before, you need to get rid of your current master0.lic to get the activition-window. It is placed in your Animation:Master install-folder.

Don't just delete it so, but rename it to "master0.bak".

After that you need to start A:M and you should be asked to enter your activation-code again.

Enter it and wait. Since it worked once with your system, it should work now again.

You need to be online for the activation, so make sure you are and the Animation:Master-install folder needs to be writeable for A:M.

See you

*Fuchur*

I have tried everything you guys have so helpfully suggested, but nothing is working.

I'm just getting this all the time

Bad return data from webserver (no status) (-134)

No such file or directory (errno:2)

What is more I uninstalled 64 bit and I can't even install it again, I even tried reinstating the licence file but that doesn't seem to work either.

I am at a complete loss as what to do.

It ain't right. :angry:

• Admin
It ain't right.

Yes, something ain't right.

Now we've got to find out exactly what that something is.

I just installed with 32bit and 64bit versions and reactivated without any issues.

Assuming you have the rights on your computer, when you install are you Right Clicking and selecting 'Run As Administrator'?

While not always necessary I've gotten use to doing that with every installation I want to make sure sinks all the way in.

Also, still not sure if you are on a Mac or PC as your profile says you use both.

...and make sure you have downloaded (the latest version (v16b))

I have not got an email about this.

But?

Is the installer running. Sometimes firewalls and a few other things can block us writing the file.

But it more sounds like A:M can not write to the folder listed.

What i would do is,

Delete all v16.0 install folders:

C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V16.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hash Inc\V16.0

If you have nothing else in them you can remove:

C:\Program Files\Hash Inc

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hash Inc

Download the latest installer:(i'm going to post an ftp link so your browser does not have a cached one)

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/AM_32BIT.exe (32bit)

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/AM_64BIT.exe (64bit)

Then try reinstalling. I will check the spam filter in the morning and see if have your email in there. Sorry