Hash, Inc. Forums

v17

mtpeak2

• Hash Fellow

I don't think there's a set date yet. I think the public beta arrives when Steffen feels he's done with adding new features and it's just the general torture testing left to do.

Short answer... I don't know.

• Admin

The new addition that is grabbing everyone's attention is the "Spline to Surface" feature that was being called "Retopology" for awhile.

What this does is allow you to bring in models and use them as 3D canvases to draw your splines on... and around.

Of course it goes beyond simply importing polygonal models and any surface you can put in front of the mouse pointer can be used in a Modeling window or Choreography as an aide to modeling geometry. This speeds up the process of modeling considerably and should lead to a lot of very interesting and optimal workflows for modeling.

As a way to picture this in your mind, imagine five spheres roughly in the configuration of Mickey Mouse (one head, two ears, one snout and one nose).

Via Spline to Surface every time you place a Control Point it will be applied on the surface of the appropriate sphere under the cursor, and you can adjust that CPs location as you turn the model around. When you are done modeling just delete the underlying geometry/spheres, refine your mesh as necessary and out of a couple of spheres you have built yourself a mouse. This should go a long way in getting us from primitive shapes to highly detailed and complex geometry faster and more efficiently than ever.

Knowing your modeling talent, I figure this is going to be the primary feature in v17 you'll be interested in.

A significant new addition for new users and those who want to explore A:M deeply is A:M Answers which gives everyone the ability to learn all about the Properties of almost anything in A:M via a simple Right Click of the mouse.

While not technically a v17 feature, I would be remiss not to add the new Render Nodes that can be purchased to extend A:M's rendering power. Where this dovetails into v17 is A:M's new command line rendering API which I don't know enough to offer an informed opinion about except to say.... it's good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

i am a really old and long time user of AM, but a couple oyears i had to move on to other apps because of my job.

Now i have the chance, time and budget again to digg into AM again. Therefore a small question:

If i by a yearly licence now, which will cover V16, as far as i can see, will i be alsoi entiteled to get V17

when it is released inside my one year licence period?

Best regards

Heiner

Hi there,

i am a really old and long time user of AM, but a couple oyears i had to move on to other apps because of my job.

Now i have the chance, time and budget again to digg into AM again. Therefore a small question:

If i by a yearly licence now, which will cover V16, as far as i can see, will i be alsoi entiteled to get V17

when it is released inside my one year licence period?

Best regards

Heiner

Exactly as you said. Yearly licence (Web Subscription) is allowed to access v17 when it is released.

And v17 is not far away... (public beta already on the way)

See you

*Fuchur*