Hash, Inc. Forums

lense flare disabled???

Sean delgatto

I placed a light into choreography and noticed that the lens flare "ON" was greyed out and disabled. Have you guys noticed this??

Click on it and you can still activate it very likely (otherwise it would be a bug).

This is something else and depends on one or more of these:

- Default-Behaviour has not been changed at the model itself.

- State is inherited by the model but CAN be change in the chor so that you can overwrite the properties-value of the instance (not the model-element itself but only for the reference / instance used).

These are the states available for a propery:

- default > not changed in the model or the instance of the model. (in general grey)

- inherited > changed by the model and inherited to the instance. (in general grey)

- overwritten, but static > changed for the shortcut and saved in a so called "driver" in the chor or an action. (black)

- overwritten, not static and keyed > changed for the shortcut and saved in "driver" in the chor AND keyframed in the chor with a keyframe at the time you are currently at (blue).

I think I will do a tutorial on that in future...

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: This is all written from my memory... maybe I confused some of the colors...

I placed a light into choreography and noticed that the lens flare "ON" was greyed out and disabled. Have you guys noticed this??

Yes, I encountered the same issue yesterday.

At the moment I don't remember which version of the software that I was using though.

What Fuchur said here is correct but in this case the properties could not be changed in the Choreography.

The workaround that I used was to turn the lens flare option on for the light in question inside of the Objects folder and then I could access the properties while in the Choreography.

You need to activate the lens flare on the light up in the PWS/Objects instance... NOT in the choreography. Best way to go about is to right click in the chor and select New/Light... then find the instance of the new light up in the objects area and set your lens flare settings on it there, as well as brightness, color, volumetric etc.

In my recent TV spot (shameless plug: http://youtu.be/f_uHIcW_n6k ) I used a volumetric light for the desk lamp at the end, which worked great... never even considered a lens-flare until the last minute when I was trying to add more drama to the 'drawing board' scene... so I added a quick lens-flare in after effects... another way to go about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

I think that's a bug. You ought to be able to set that in the chor.

I think you'd want to be able to animate that on and off and animate the lens flare properties in the chor much as you would want to animate other light properties like color or brightness.

I've AM Reported it for v17