Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

rendering glitch

Sean delgatto

Noticed a glitch, I have a character that is being tossed into frame to be comp'd in to back ground. When character is not in frame to where it is a blank back ground it takes 2 hours to render each frame when there is nothing to render. Yet once he is in frame it takes 45 seconds. So I usually have to follow him with the camera and then After effect it back to how it would have originally looked.

Anyone noticed this or know why?

VS 13

OS XP SP2

2 gigs of ram

2 TB of HD space

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Here's a test PRJ I just made in v13

VaseTest.prj

A vase travels from off screen to on screen to off screen. It took 5 seconds to render 30 frames to TGAs with alpha.

That's my long way of saying i can't reproduce that problem based on what i know so far. There must be something more specific about your PRJ.

• Hash Fellow

solution for now...

These long frames are blank frames? And for some reason you need these frames in the footage?

Render the whole thing to targas in shaded mode first. Then just render the frames where the object appears in Final mode. You can set a custom range of frames in render options.

In your editor make the footage invisible where ever the shaded frames still show.

Sean, when you're rendering have you watched the info box? it will show you what item it's working on and I suspect it's trying to render offscreen models. i've noticed something like this too.

Yeah its weird. its really really hard to explain something that is visual in this case. But yeah I notice it was trying to render the object even if it isnt in frame. Plus it was moving fast with motion blur. probably it.